cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Covid in Victoria

I’m on the Brink just thinking about it every day

It sounds like that would be really exhausting @Saltwaterdreamtime .Do you think it could help to give yourself a few days off checking the news, or limit how often you're checking in?  I know that I found myself getting really anxious about all of the updates in Sydney over Xmas, especially when there were cases close to me, and scrolling through the news constantly - forcing myself to put some music on instead and go for a run helped me to re-set a bit. Has anything like that helped you before? 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here

Not really cause I need to know @Janine-RO They need to tell us if a lockdown is off the cards or not people like me are scared and they aren’t saying anything every morning I check to see if they have released the numbers yet 

Something is really wrong with me and I think I need some help.

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime, it is so hard to sit with uncertainty. It seems like it is something that may change each day, based on how the numbers go.

I can hear that you are feeling quite down at the moment. Do you know what type of help you need tonight?

Somethings wrong with me and I don’t know what to do @Taylor-RO it’s not normal for me to feel this way

That must be scary @Saltwaterdreamtime Smiley Sad Do you want to share more about what is going on for you?

This whole thread @Taylor-RO 

Gotcha! I thought something else might have come up for you tonight. I know a lot of people are feeling anxious about the COVID situation. It sounds like this has really taken ahold of you and is consuming you. Would you consider chatting to a professional about how you have been feeling? I know that sessions with a psychologist were increased to 20 a year, if that helps.

No I mean I can’t cope tonight @Taylor-RO