cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Covid in Victoria

I can hear that you are upset right now @Saltwaterdreamtime. This is a really hard situation to go through as we are not sure what will happen in the future. I understand that you are hoping for the worst to not happen as that makes sense. It sounds like you are feeling frustrated (which I understand), is there anything that you can do to help yourself feel better? Would you be open to talking to your partner?

Well the worst will happen and we will either all die of it or be put in lockdown @Sophia-RO I’m not at home so can’t talk to her

I mean the whole start of covid was bad luck I guess. It's really frustrating when people don't follow rules that were put there for a reason Smiley Sad It can be really frustrating and scary when people put others in danger, almost like what you do is for nothing..

I hear how hard the first two lockdowns were but you DID get through them, so that strength is there. Not to say if there was another lockdown it wouldn't be really really hard, but I do believe, with people supporting you, you have the strength to get through this

Well I have already made up my mind that if we have to do it a third time I’m not doing it

That makes sense Smiley Sad I wonder what got you through the past 2 lockdowns? And what are your reasons for sticking around?

Good question I didn’t think I would make it through round 2 but I did but I’m not doing it again our government need to do better not just lock us up
I’m doing round 3

I’m not a prisoner they can’t tell me when I can and cannot do things they can’t tell me I can’t see my family

I’m not going to cope in lockdown 3 I don’t have a counsellor anymore either also I’m just not doing it my life will fall apart if we do it again

Things sound really tough right now @Saltwaterdreamtime, it must be hard that you aren't able to talk to your partner either. Do you think you could talk to her tomorrow sometime about your concerns? Those are some very valid concerns, I can understand that there are a lot of thoughts going through your mind right now. Sounds like they are distressing thoughts too. Do you think it would be helpful to call up a service like Mensline to talk to a counsellor and get some support around these thoughts? I know that you are talking about wanting to die if there ends up being a third lockdown in the future, but I am still concerned for you right now as it seems like you are going through a lot. Are you feeling safe right now?

You did get through round 2 though! That shows how strong you are! And no you aren't a prisoner, but you do understand why the government puts up the lockdown rules Smiley Sad We aren't meant to be locked up, it's incredibly isolating..

Why don't you have a counsellor anymore?

It sounds like family is really important to you, and definitely a reason to stick around. And I'm hearing that even though you think you will end your life if there is another lockdown, there is a lot of fight left in you! I feel like anger and fear are a way of our brains saying hey, something needs to change here, something needs to be fixed and give us the motivation to fix what's wrong. How could you spend time with your family if lockdown were to happen again? I'm guessing you would have tried remote ways of connecting with people last time. They aren't really a fix all though, as it's not the same as seeing someone face to face