cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Covid in Victoria

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime, lockdown absolutely pushes the boundaries. Do you think you would talk to your partner about how you are feeling? And as a side note, are you still getting your present today? Smiley Happy

@Taylor-RO Nah 

but yeah I Just got here but my session might be cancelled if there’s lightning which would really suck because driving here in the torrential rain was so scary 

Hi @Saltwaterdreamtime I'm so sorry to hear how you are feeling. It's such a damn difficult time because we lose so many of the things that make life beautiful and interesting during a lockdown. It's not realistic in these times to feel on top of the world and like we're living the best life. However, this doesn't mean that we can't do the best possible given the crappy circumstances. Would it be possible for you to write down a list of things you could do during lockdown that would bring you even a small amount of happiness? Whether it's something as simple as baking a cake or having a warm bath, making a list of things to do may help you get through the days a little easier and provide you with options to turn to when you're feeling bored, sad or listless. Even with this in place, there will be days that suck, but that's okay. It's okay to not be okay, and it doesn't make you weak. It also doesn't mean you should give up.

Please remember this situation is only temporary Heart A vaccine is coming very soon, and once it does (as long as people comply) we will hopefully be able to get off this lockdown-normal-lockdown-normal crazy yoyo cycle we're on. Here is some information if you're interested into looking more into it. https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/media/preparing-australians-for-the-covid-1...

I know exactly what it's like to genuinely and truly feel like you cannot continue. There have several times I thought I couldn't, and sometimes I'm genuinely taken aback by the fact I'm still here. But I promise you - and I'm not just saying this - you can do this. That strength is within you. I know you are strong - even having the courage to post about how you feel on a forum for thousands of people to see demonstrates just how strong you are. You will get through this, and you will emerge an even stronger and resilient version of yourself.

Please take care. You're a beautiful person who deserves every second on this earth. Heart

3 more cases today 

I can’t live like this though I can’t live with this worry any more

Ahh @Saltwaterdreamtime  I really hear you, living with this kind of worry and uncertainty is so hard, especially when it's laced with that fear of going back to lockdown.  It sucks when it's something that we have no control over.   I know you guys in Victoria did it so tough last time. It sounds like they're doing a really good job with contact tracing and testing over there, and i think that they'll do everything humanly possible to avoid another lockdown. Is there anything you can do today to give yourself a bit of a break, like have a run or a surf? 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here

@Saltwaterdreamtime I am in Victoria too, the latest new has been really tough for me as well, but I'm trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Is anything that you can look forward to when the vaccine is here for example and what kept you going or was that thread you held on to the last tow lockdowns?

@Janine-RO I just can’t do it I won’t be able to do it, they don’t care though they will just lock us down anyway and I can’t do that 

@Saltwaterdreamtime  It's been such a kick in guts to have this new outbreak just when we all thought we'd made it through the worse, I know.  I have definitely been feeling anxious about the possibility of a lockdown here too, my understanding at the moment is that both Vic and NSW are in a much better position than Victoria was before the last lockdown- better contact tracing, more mask wearing and the vaccine a few months away. So hopefully it won't be needed. Have you chatted to your partner about how you're feeling at the moment? 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here

Nah @Janine-RO 

I really can’t do another lockdown though I can’t