cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TW: How to cope?

[Edit @ 9:53 PM on 16/12/2020]
I've given it some time and, now that I know I have some alternatives and can distract myself from feeling guilty, I feel okay enough to remove the post. Thanks for your support Smiley Happy

Re: TW: How to cope?

Hello @goldfinch , I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. That sounds like a very tough situation to be in, and I am sorry that you have been experiencing feelings of guilt. Waiting for atar results in itself is a stressful time, so things must be tough for you right now. It sounds like you have been trying to stay positive though, which is really good. It also really sucks to hear that you have not found much to be helpful with your mum so far. Have you had the chance to talk with anyone about what you have been going through? There are services like Family Drug Support Australia that offers professional support to family members of individuals that use drugs or alcohol. They offer professional support 24/7 and can be reached on 1300 368 186. You can also talk to a trained professional through Kids Helpline, which is a service specifically for youth. They offer phone counselling and a webchat counselling option in case you are interested. Here is a link to their website. You mentioned that your options for coping are limited and that you are losing balance, are you feeling safe tonight? 

[Edit @ 16/12/2020, 9:52 PM]: Refer to OP

I am glad that you are feeling safe tonight @goldfinch. I am sorry to hear that you have not been coping with the feelings of guilt, that must be really tough. Are there any strategies that you normally use to help yourself feel better (like breathing/relaxation or listening to music/shows)?

There are some strategies I usually try out, but tonight they didn't really seem to work out. Instead I referred to the pinned thread for coping mechanisms and am now feeling a lot better. Thank you for your help! I really, really appreciate it Smiley Happy

I'll see what I can do in terms of Helpline and the Family Drug Support Australia avenues. I think it should be okay to just leave this thread at this then as a sort of closing

Hey @goldfinch 

Hope you're doing ok today and that you find those services helpful Heart 

I understand you want to end this thread here which is fine, but just want to remind you that we're always here for support so let us know if there is anything we can do to support you.