cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Looking for support

Sorry I took a while but I have a few...
- text a friend
- use a relaxing app
- online shopping!
- play some games (I need to get them first so I need some recommendations for good games)
- set some goals (I need help setting them... I don’t have any)

No worries @Bananatime04 Smiley Happy There are a lot of suggestions to get through. I'm glad that you found some you liked! Smiley Happy

We'd be happy to help you work out those last two, finding some games and goals Smiley Very Happy With games, are you leaning towards online/phone games or physical ones? Personally, I found playing some card games (by myself, even if they're multiplayer games) to be a good distraction strategy that didn't require technology. There's also, of course, numerous online games and apps out there to choose from. The best place to start there is to decide what kind of games you like, for example puzzle games, action, rpg, platformer to name a few. What do you think?

Goals are a bit harder, it can be tricky to set them when we don't have any. Is there anything you'd like to achieve? A boring example being jogging for 5km in 30 minutes or something like that.

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!

I ran 6km in nearly 30 minutes 😂 and soon I’ll be doing 5km every Saturday at 9am.
I don’t really know what kind of things I want to achieve... I want goals so I have something to work towards but I don’t know how to make them.
I meant games on my phone... I don’t have many. The only apps I have are Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, messenger, Spotify, Netflix, YouTube, headspace, team app (it’s for my gymnastics club), Edison for my emails because my phone wouldn’t let me login to them on the app that comes with the phone, Pinterest, Fortnite (my only game and I haven’t played it in a while 😆 and a couple more...

Do you have any games on your phone @Jay-RO?
Do you have any interesting goals?

I believe my example may not have been the best choice, considering you have already smashed it out of the park Smiley Very Happy Doing 5km every Saturday sounds great, is it just for fun?

I would be happy to share some of the apps on my phone @Bananatime04, though mine are definitely more puzzle. My favourites would have to be Tiny Bubbles, HexaKnot and Puzzle Germ Smiley Happy
On top of that, I think it would be a great idea to make a thread in Games or Hanging Out asking other users for suggestions as well, I'm sure they will have plenty more suggestions than just my puzzle ones, what do you think?

Unfortunately, my goals aren't that interesting as at the moment I take things one day at a time. However, we do have some awesome goals-based threads you might be interested in including Weekly Goals and What am I doing today. While they're both more short-term goals, they can be a great starting point in working towards bigger goals. It's okay to not know what you'd like to achieve either, perhaps this is something you can bring up with your counselor the next time you chat? 

-----

@Jay-RO Yeah the run is a fun run thing that heaps of people do and it’s along the coast so I’ll have a nice view! I’ll have a look at the games soon. I think I need to talk to beyondblue because I just feel so down. I decided to listen to music and it made me so sad and I can’t stop crying and it hurts to cry. I just feel so idk.. heavy?

Actually I changed my mind... the queue is taking years so I have to deal with it

I can’t do this 😩 I’m not coping without my counsellor and I’ve still got like two weeks. It’s so hard 😥

Hey there @Bananatime04, are you still in the queue for BeyondBlue? It's unfortunate that it's taking so long, but if you're feeling down, reaching out to other supports such as BeyondBlue or KHL sounds like a good idea.

I hear how hard it must be to have your counselor still gone, you have been doing so well so far. Now that you have some new self-care strategies, would you like to give any of them a go? Maybe trying some online shopping or texting a friend?

A fun run along the coast sounds like a brilliant way to spend a Saturday morning, I hope you have fun! Smiley Happy

-----

Nope, I’ve given up. Sorry

hey @Bananatime04

what has happened? i havent read all the wya back
has something triggerred you?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**