cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Looking for support

Ah that's frustrating but they usually ask a bunch of questions to make sure that it's being treated well and that it doesn't require medical attention.

hey @Bananatime04

i think @gina-RO and @Jess1-RO before they log off could give you some advice.

honestly my advice is the same as yesterday by just being brief if it is too hard or to tell her as much as you like x

I’m not sure how to get it out tho. There are so many things I want them to know but if I write it down for them they would have so many questions and I don’t know what they would think of me😔

@Bananatime04 I'm so so proud of you for deciding to talk about this! 

Its can be so scary I know, but its a really brave step. 

My advice would be to be as honest as you can about how nervous you are. 

For example, you could start the chat by saying something like- "I am really nervous about telling you this, and I'm worried about your response. But i want to be honest with you. "

You could even ask them to not ask you too many questions, and to keep comments or reactions until you're finished . 

Let them know as well what it is you need- tell them you need support - if you want a hug , let them know Smiley Happy 

The other thing I would say, is that a piece of paper with dot points of things you want to cover/ say could be useful for you to keep on hand. You don't necessarily need to show them the paper, but keep it with you so you can follow it. 

I love @litgyms suggestion to be brief if you're worried. 

Thanks @gina-RO! This is actually really helpful. I will try it next week because that’s when I’m back home. I’ll let you know how it goes tho.
Would you be disappointed if I freak out and don’t tell them as much as I wanted to?

Hey @Bananatime04! I don't think I've 'met' you on the forums before - hello! Smiley Happy

I just wanted to say that none of us would be disappointed in you, no matter what you do or don't say. Opening up is super scary, and I think you're brave no matter what you end up saying Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Hey, I’ve never seen you here either @letitgo
What if I chicken out and don’t end up saying anything. Would any of you be disappointed then?

Definitely not @Bananatime04, we are here to support you Smiley Happy

Guess what @annabethxchase

What?