cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW: Looking for support

Hey @Bananatime04, I had to edit your post as it mentioned graphic details of self-harm. Our  guidelines are here if you ever forget what is allowed to be posted Smiley Happy We have them to protect the well-being of the whole community reading particular details can be triggering.

I think litgym has some really amazing suggestions and I know they speak from personal experience. In fact, I remember being scared to tell my mum personal things too. Unfortunately, nobody can read our mind (I wish.. sometimes) and the only way to get the support we need is by letting someone know Smiley Happy I know it is easier said than done.. and it is a scary place to be in. Could you try sharing a little bit with your parents or keeping the details to a minimum? You could even let them know that you are struggling to share and you need to take your time Heart

Sorry I did come back after I wrote it so I could change it but it was already changed. I thought I was going stupid and couldn’t remember what I wrote...
I could try to talk to Mum but it could take a while... I don’t see her till next week and I’m really scared to tell her. She also has really bad anxiety and takes medication for it. I also find it hard to talk to gp’s and psychologists etc because they are literally strangers... you expect me to tell them things I can’t even tell my family? It’s gonna be really hard but I’ll try @Taylor-RO

i know how hard it is to open up, trust me it’s hard at times but after 4 months of constantly needing to repeat everything and my weekly chats with my khl counsellor on the phone, i just blab too much to them ! it’s still frightening at times, sometimes i just curl up in a ball on the chair or lounge when im speaking to them and play with my tangle. but they are there to help youHeart and i know soon you’ll be able to take a step even if it’ss baby step x

Oh guess what... I went to Kmart last weekend and they had no tangles 🙄

i went to kmart 2 days ago and they weren’t there !! ergh they sell out very quickly 

I need some advice... could someone help me?

Yeah sure @Bananatime04

Sorry I was just in a chat with beyondblue. I am planning on taking @litgym’s advice by telling my mum that I’m struggling and I need to see a go and I need support. The problem is I don’t know how. I’m really scared and I’m so nervous. I need some tips. I’m gonna freak out when I tell them and I just don’t know what to do.

No need to apologise, how were beyond blue? I don't really know tbh, my mum took me to a GP because of my fathers abuse. It wasn't mental health related and she still doesn't know how I feel. I think maybe @litgym could give you some advice

It wasn’t good. They spent most of the time asking questions about self harm because I said yes to thoughts. Then I told them how I self harmed on Saturday and I swear she needed every detail. So I didn’t really have time to talk about what I went there for🙄