cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TW: My friend is experiencing domestic violence

Highlighted

Re: My friend is experiencing domestic violence

@roxylol16 thank you for sharing this. It sounds like you're a very caring friend.

Do you know if she is in any IMMEDIATE risk of harm right now?

Highlighted

I have no idea... she's been in the car with her dad for about an hour now and she doesn't know where he is taking her. She doesn't want to call the police. I know it sounds insane but i don't know what else to do

Highlighted

@roxylol16 that is sounding like a really scary situation. I am worried about her welfare from what you have said here. Does her mum know where he is taking her? Are you able to contact a family member or right now about this?

Highlighted

Contacting Safe Steps could be a good idea to talk to about what is going on for your friend and provide you with some support and advice. Their number is 1800 015 188 and can be contacted 24/7.

Highlighted

Hey @roxylol16 

This sounds like a pretty intense situation. Thanks for reaching out and it's great that you are trying to help your friend. 

I like @dncinginthedirt suggestions of trying to get another person involved or contacting safe steps. Another good number to call may be 1800 RESPECT. See more information about their services here

If your friend is in immediate danger you should call 000. 

I noticed you are a new user so welcome to ReachOut. Please read our community guidelines here. Please note that I edited out some of your content as it is not in line with our guidelines. Thanks again for contacting us and sharing with us. We hope your friend is okay. 

Highlighted

Hey there @roxylol16

How are you doing today? It sounds like last night was both a difficult night for you and your friend. Did you end up giving 1800 Respect or another helpline a call? 

Because of our legal responsibilities as a mental health youth organisationif we are concerned that you are at risk of harm, we sometimes need to make mandatory reports to appropriate bodies if you are under 18. At the moment, this won't be necessary, but just keep this in mind with any information you may choose to share on the forums. We will always let forum members know if that is something we think we might need to do. 

If you want to report what's happening, you or your friend can always talk to a trusted adult such as a teacher or coach about the situation for help or advice. It is always up to how much information you or your friend want to share. If there's no one you feel you can trust, a helpline such as 1800 RespectLifeline or Kids Helpline are a few that you or your friend can contact. 

We hope that our forum is able to point you towards more help, and appreciate you answering these questions so that we can best support you.

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!