cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TW: bulimia

Hi everyone I have struggled with bulimia for the last 7 years and I see it every year it Sorta gets worse in the eating patterns. I have tried to see many professional and they all tell me I Am just faking and I know I Am not. My weight has been fluctuating a lot lately. I have a weird pattern with eating. I want to get some help with the recovery because I Am sick of feeling bad and ugly and feeling obese. 

Highlighted

Re: TW: bulimia

Hey @depressiongirl 

It sounds like you've had trouble with your eating for quite some time now, and I'm glad that you're reaching out for help. You aren't alone - many people experience similar issues.

You mentioned that you've seen many professionals before but have had no luck, and that they assume you're faking. I'm quite surprised by this. What sort of professionals have you seen in the past?

Also, just letting you know that I moved your thread out of the "everyday life" section and into the "tough times" section because it is better suited to this area of the forum. Also, I had to edit out some of your post (details about weight and eating patterns) because it goes against our guidelines around eating which are outlined here. I also added a trigger warning in the title of your thread as this is quite a sensitive topic for many people on our forum. I hope you don't mind. Feel free to have a read of the guidelines when you get a chance Heart.

Highlighted

i have seen psychologists, diatians, councillors and none have seemed to give me some help on recovery i have had to just live with it since it started which is very annoying when All I Want to do is get myself back on track but it's so hard when I don't know what to do. Everyone in my life can see that i have trouble with food.

Highlighted

@depressiongirl wow... it's awful that none of them have listened to you...

Have you ever looked at anything like the Butterfly Foundation?

I've had a similar problem with a lot if the professionals I've seen in the last 5 years.. part of it is to keep trying new people until you find someone who's willing to work with you.

I don't have an eating disorder but I have struggled with eating for a long time.

One thing that I've found helpful is finding recovery-oriented spaces online.

I know that for a full-on eating disorder it might not be enough, but it could still be something helpful to do while you're figuring out where to go from here.

Highlighted

@depressiongirl  I'm so sorry that you've been struggling with bulimia. Smiley Sad It must have been so difficult to hear that the professionals you've seen haven't believed you. It's stressful enough having any kind of symptom, let alone having professionals who put the onus on you to get better yourself.
We have a list of support services for people with eating disorders. Have you given any of them a try?