cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TW: rape~sexual assult

so I've been getting sexually assaulted on and off for about 3 months by my ex-boyfriend, here's a list of what he would do to me 

-grab me

-would insult me and tease me eg you're such a prude when I said no to sex 

-would come over to my house when told no because I didn't feel safe or well

-force me to agree to his idea by only 'persuading me' [really just disguised bullying]

-when told no to sex he would beg 

- touch me inappropriately while I was asleep and id wake up to it and id see him move his hand away quickly [hoping to not be caught]

-grab me without asking [even told him to stop several times]

- wouldn't use contraception 

- became aggressive when told no to sex, even when I was trying to be light-hearted

- and when I broke up with him I feared for my life since he had admitted to wanting to kill his family before, he still tries to get back with me claiming the break up isn't real because when I dumped him I wasn't in the right 'mental state' to make decisions 

now because of this, I have 

- nightmares [ being raped over and over and the faces of the rapist change to every man I've ever known in my life] 

- flashbacks 

- anger 

-trust issues [ can't be around men even my dad is scary now] 

- anxiety and panic attacks 

- insomnia got worse 

- certain things trigger a flashback eg places we visited or songs 

- self-hatred and self-disgust 

- guilt and disgust when I think about sex 

I need help recovering. I can't go to the police or my parents ' my sister and friends now but he works with me now, I don't feel safe I need help. please. . please.

Re: TW: rape~sexual assult

@Hope937  Reading what you're going through breaks my heart. Smiley Sad You don't deserve this at all.
I'm really worried about you. Are you safe right now?

Hiya @Hope937,

I am just letting you know that I have sent an email your way if you could please take a look Heart

im okay now. and im safe. just dealing with the after math and the coping. thank you 

im okay and safe just dealing with the after math and effects

It must be so challenging to deal with the aftermath @Hope937 Smiley Sad What you have experienced is not okay and it is a really horrible thing to have happen to you. It is great that you are reaching out for support, just like you have tonight. You mentioned that you need help recovering. Are you in touch with any services at the moment? Have you told anyone about what has happened?

Hi @Hope937 I'm so sorry you've gone through that. I hope you're in a safer place now, and we're here for you if need to talk or need support HeartHeartHeart

I've put a link to some helplines that I hope are useful to you: https://au.reachout.com/articles/sexual-assault-support.

The helplines are towards the bottom of the page, so you'll need to scroll down a little bit!

Hey there @Hope937 I just wanted to check in with you and recognise the big step you have taken in getting this off your chest. How are you feeling today? 

Hi @Hope937 ,

I just wanted to say how brave you are for reaching out, and I am so, so sorry for everything you have been through. It is honestly heartbreaking and not something you should have to go through alone. Is there any way you could access some help in dealing with this, or is there anyone you would feel safe confiding in? Would you be open to seeking some professional help?  Again, I am so, so sorry for what you are going through, please know we stand with you Heart

Hi @Hope937

I just wanted to check-in and see how things are going with you? Please know we stand with you in any way we can Heart