cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TW

Im like not doing so good right now I feel tired most of the time and I spend like days nonstop laying down and going on my phone and ((TW)) I hurt myself and my therapist will be mad well I know she won't because therapists don't get mad at clients but she said if I do it again she has to tell my mum so maybe ill just lie to her ehhhhh and ((TW)) I think about bad things a lot but its okay and im safe!! so dw I mean I guess quarantine be like that sometimes does anyone have any suggestions on how to like get out of my head while being stuck at home? I miss my friends.

My mum like gets mad at me coz I dont eat a lot which is understandable but like??? im just not hungry and I feel sick sometimes I dont know. feel free to move this if its in the wrong section or edit parts out if they're not allowed for whatever reason idm. Thank u for coming to my TED talk have a nice night guys Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Re: TW

Haha, Ted Talk. I like that despite all the negative emotions you're experiencing, you're still able to make jokes and see the humor in things.

A good way to get out of your head is to do something, use distractions, or talk to others. I know it is hard to see people right now, but you could try talking to a family member, calling a friend, or even calling a helpline (see some here) or Friendsline (they don't have trained counsellors and cannot provide crisis support, but they're available for a general chat if you need. See info here).

You might also want to download the app Calm Harm - it provides tasks that help you resist or manage the urge to self harm. See more info here.

I have some other ideas but I just want to see how you go with the above-mentioned ideas first Smiley Happy.

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO Hey there! thanks for the suggestions Smiley Happy I have been keeping in contact somewhat with my friends an a lot with my family. I actually have the app calm harm installed but I find it hard to use when I need it, but im working on it. I feel a little better today and im not gonna hurt myself again !! Thanks for replying <3

Highlighted

Hey @Sammyye, it is good to hear that you have your family and friends to talk to. It can be hard to get used to using a new app especially when you are distressed.. sometimes it takes a little getting used to before it comes naturally Heart Do you think this is something you will tell your counsellor about?
Highlighted

@Taylor-RO Yeah ill probably tell my counsellor, im a little scared to because she might tell my parents but I think it's the most responsible thing to do
Highlighted

That's very responsible of you @Sammyye Smiley Happy

Please keep us updated with how you go. We're always happy to listen Heart

Highlighted

Hi @Sammyye! I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling your best lately. Smiley Sad But I'm so glad that you're safe and are taking steps to improve your wellbeing!

How are you feeling today?

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy  Im not so good at the moment, but its alright. Im trying really hard to keep my shit together lmao... I just wanna get my nails done :'(  Last night me and my dad hung out and played piano and sung and honestly it was the best id felt in a while Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@Sammyye  I'm sorry that you're not feeling good at the moment, but well done for carrying on! Heart
I've never gotten my nails done at a salon, but I really miss being able to go to the shops and sport centres. I haven't done those things in ages. I didn't know how much I liked doing those things until I was suddenly unable to.
I'm so glad that you and your dad got to have some fun together! It's so cool that your dad is into music and you can share your love of singing and piano with him. Smiley Happy My dad used to be part of a choir, but the kind of music we're into are different.