cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Talking about terrorism

Terrorism is a violent strategy used by various people and groups to achieve a certain goal.

It sucks and it can be heaps scary, even just to hear about it in the news.

This is a thread to talk about it a little bit and to support each other.

If you're really stressed out about it right now though or thinking about it is making you feel really overwhelmed, start by having a one on one chat over here with Lifeline or KHL. But come back and talk to us too if you'd like to Smiley Happy

Re: Talking about terrorism

I've been thinking about this a lot recently Smiley Sad

It's pretty scary, and also because there's lots of news i guess it's hard to put it aside for a little while so i reckon you're not alone in that Smiley Sad

How're you feeling about it all @roseisnotaplant?

It's just really sad, and it really gets to me that people use stuff like this as an opportunity to spread more hate.

Great thread @Ben-RO and yes @roseisnotaplant it can really feel heavy on the heart. How are you feeling at the moment around the recent news?

I think the media has a big part to play in the terrorism campaign, a lot of these groups kill large numbers of people in their own country as well on the daily, I feel this is something people tend to forget about, it's certainly a tricky one to get our heads around. Did everyone watch the Manchester concert Ariana and friends put on? It was pretty lovely. Heart

The concert was amazing! It actually made me tear up a bit. It's amazing how when it really comes down to it, we are united. <3

yesssss @Karinaskii Coldplay's rendition of Oasis    Heart Heart Heart

Oh my goshhh! So good! And then when Ariana sung "Over the Rainbow". I had goosebumps!

Yeah, although I didn't watch all of the benefit concert, it was just such a beautiful gesture, and a reminder that even in the face of all this horrible stuff, we can be united for a common, positive, goal.

I think it's so important that we're opening up the discussion around this issue. I was just watching The Project, and in Melbourne they're putting up concrete blocks in an attempt to deter people from using vehicles in an attack, as happened in Paris/London. It's just so sad to think that it's come to that. But at the same time, I'm glad the city is taking some sort of non-combative action.... 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //