cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Talking to my friends about depression

Hey

I've been wanting to talk to my friends about my depression and all but, I just get scared of what they may say about it.

I'd love to have a talk with someone.

Re: Talking to my friends about depression

Hi @Animallover2003 and welcome to ReachOut! It was great to see you around the forums yesterday making a ton of posts. We look forward to getting to know you better Smiley Happy I just moved this post to a new thread so we can have a bigger discussion and explore a bit more on this important topic Heart

It sounds like you are considering a big step; talking to your friends about experiencing depression. Is this something you have been considering for a while?

Talking about what you are going through can be really helpful- friends can be a great resource and shoulder to lean on when we need to! When they know what you are feeling, it can help them make sense of what is happening, and be a listening ear. That being said, it can be so daunting wondering how they will take the news! I still remember the many weeks I spent questioning if and how I would tell my friends about my experience of depression and I am sure that so many members here have also been through this decision too Heart

Have you spoken to anyone about depression before? If you were to tell your friends, what are your biggest concerns? And what could be the benefits too?

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Re: Talking to my friends about depression

Hi @Animallover2003, welcome!! Heart
I'm just here to check in with you and see how you're going? Have you been able to tell your friends how you have been feeling? and if not, is there anything that you'd like to talk about specifically that maybe we could help you with?
Hope you're doing well and enjoying the beautiful weather Smiley Happy