cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Telling someone about your issues and how your feeling

Hey @Pariscat16, I think it's amazing that you've spoken to your home and decided to see what help you can get. That takes a huge amount of courage and it shows a lot of dedication to your own health, so that's absolutely awesome.

I was a tad concerned when I saw that you sometimes experience problems with suicidal thoughts. I just wanted to let you know that there are a huge number of services that work, around the clock, to care for the mental health and safety of young people in Australia. I'll put the numbers of the most popular and well-used services down below, just in case you wanted to screenshot them and keep them on your phone.

Lifeline Crisis Line (24/7, all ages) - 13 11 14
They also have an online chat service from 7:00pm-4:00am if you didn't want to speak over the phone at night
Kids Helpline (24/7, ages 5-25) - 1800 55 1800
They also have 24/7 online chat
Suicide Call Back Service (24/7, ages 15+) - 1300 659 467
They also have 24/7 online chat

I know you may already have this information but while you look at getting professional help, it may be good to keep these on hand. I think it's awesome that you've spoken to your mum and I hope that your search for professional help goes really well Smiley Happy <3
Highlighted

Thank you, what is it like going to see a professional I really want to get help but every time I think about telling someone I don't know the biggest secrets I have ever kept it make me feel so nervous. Should I get a proper diagnosis my mum thinks I shouldn't because it will be on my medical record and that could affect my future jobs. What do you think? Is it a good idea taking medication with OCD and anxiety. One last thing I feel like I might have personality disorders in cluster C is this possible or do some mental health disorders just overlap in similarity? 

Highlighted

Hey @Pariscat16 I've seen a few professionals in my time and I can tell you that it is scary at the beginning, especially if you're not used to opening up about your mental health, but it is sooooo worth it. You might have to see a few different therapists before you find the one that works best for you, and that's okay.

Also, in regards to it impacting your future jobs, seeing a professional might not even lead to a diagnosis. And even if it does, I know seeing a professional (or having a diagnosis) has never impacted my ability to get a job, nor has it impacted anyone I know.  It is illegal for employers to discriminate on the basis of mental illness, and it's your choice who you tell about your diagnosis Smiley Happy

You should definitely speak to a professional in regards to taking medication.  Some mental health disorders are really similar and there is overlap between symptoms, definitely. For proper clarification, I'd definitely recommend seeing a professional.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //