cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for heart break

Hi guys last night my relationship of almost 4.5years ended, I was the one who did it but not because I don't love him anymore, only because I just haven't felt that I have been a priority for him recently and just haven't been treated how I wish to be, but my god to I still love him and I just think we need some time apart and then we can get back together when we have both done some growing. so even though it was me and I have been thinking about it for a little while, I am in SO much pain, and I honestly don't know how I will get past this, my heart is broken and there is too many memories.. I had to call in sick today because I honestly can't get up and I did not realise it would hurt this much.
I am looking for people who have been through a long term break-up and your best tips on how to get though it because this fucking sucks (I did buy the app Break-Up Boss by Zoe Foster-Blake and it is amazing!) 

Re: Tips for heart break

Hey @Jane_Rose.
I wish I could help. My boyfriend broke up with me, but I'm still pretty young for long term relationships like yours was. Fun fact:
I was with him for 2 years...
I'm still here to chat if you need tho.
//You are strong, You are beautiful, You are enough//

Hi @Jane_Rose,

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so much pain after your recent break up Heart I can imagine after 4 and a half years together that this decision would have been a tough one to come to Heart

It is so great to see that you are reaching out for support and looking to find different things you can try to get through this Heart ReachOut has an article here you might be interested in about getting through a break up, and headspace also has something similar here

I think one of the biggest tips that I really resonate with is self-love and self care. Breakups can mean a lot of change and healing, and giving your body and mind the time to focus inwards and keep yourself healthy, it can really help moving forward. What sorts of things are you doing for you at the moment? Are there any things that help you heal or give you moments of peace or enjoyment in the day?

I can hear how much pain you are in right now, and that is completely understandable- I also want you to know that we believe in you and you will get through this Heart We are always here to support you in the coming months if you need a space to vent Heart

Check out our community activities calendar here

Thanks @xXLexi_Lou122Xx, & that still is long-term! I'm sorry to hear about your break-up also Heart 

Thankyou so much for your reply @Jess1-RO, it made me cry ahah... Heart Heart
I hope that it is okay that even as a builder I made such a post, but I honestly just needed a place to write it all down. 
Thank you for your words of wisdom, I am pretty good with keeping on top of my mental and physical health so hopefully I can keep it up during this time. I went for a big walk with my sister yesterday afternoon (who has been amazing!!) and my gorgeous best friend delivered flowers and chocolate to my door today so I have a great support system, lucky me. 

It's cool @Jane_Rose. I'm still too young for those kinds of relationships.
All good. I'm here for you!
Smiley Happy
//You are strong, You are beautiful, You are enough//

Hi @Jane_Rose,
It is absolutely okay to post for support as a builder, if fact we would really encourage it! Peer support is a two way street where both offering peer support and receiving peer support build stronger understandings within a community Smiley Happy Whenever you need us, we will be here for you Heart

It made me smile to read that you have such an amazing best friend and sister- people who know you so well that they just get what you need without having to explain it to them is so rare and very valuable Smiley Happy When you take time out for yourself during the day, what sorts of things do you like to do?

So glad to hear you are really on top of self care! How have you been going with getting to work the last 2 days? It sounds like you were really listening to your body the other day and taking the time to rest that was needed

Check out our community activities calendar here