cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Too much anxiety

Hey @Matty D

I totally get where you are coming from! Battling anxiety is super tough - not to mention exhausting! Smiley Sad

Like @litgym said, controlling your breathing is super important because I find when I loose control of it everything starts to spiral. There's this technique I use (I dial it back a little because I have this illness where I can't breath through my nose easily) which goes like this:

1. Breath through your nose (mouth shut) for 4 seconds

2. Hold it for 7 seconds

3. Breath out for 8 seconds

Another thing I do is try (as hard as it may be) to not think about it to much - the more you think about it the more difficult it seems to become.

Take for example: I was super nervous about performing in my Drama class. We found out about it a week beforehand so I blocked it out of my head and distracted myself with everything else I needed to get one (Exams... *Insert a 'I am so other that' look*) Then, when it got to that day the nerves started kicking in, but not that badly. Smiley Very Happy

You aren't alone OK? Here for you Heart

Oh sorry about that, just saw current message @Matty D, Don't worry about the distraction part - works for me but everyone is different! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

@Matty D just wondering do you think you are having panic attacks ? i don’t want to say you are because im not you but not being able to breathe is one of my symptoms of panic attacks. 

here are some photos about anxiety/panic attacks i don’t know if it is any help but you should definitely check out the articles Bee linked !C0720AA1-44B3-4B03-8D41-510C0B9FA18F.jpeg

4B3DCCD1-49B8-4E5B-BACE-A83B247BAE4B.jpeg

2C13C802-2163-4A1F-92E4-B59A454EE736.jpeg

Hey @Matty D,

Is it OK if you explain a bit more about jumping to conclusions. What conclusions are you jumping to when your friend is on the phone?

@Matty D it’s alright i do understand, i just wanted to double check. not really sure how to help you, what has worked in the past for you ? im also not really sure what to say about ‘jumping to conclusions’