cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much anxiety

Re: Too much anxiety

@Matty D anxiety can be a cruel and annoying occurance hey! Many of us here have experiences with anxiety so I'll link some people who may have some ideas for you @ErinsAntics @scared01 @mrmusic @annabethxchase @litgym

RIght now I can't think of what usually helps me - my mind has gone blank, but have you looked at hte articles we have on RO about anxiety, getting help for anxietytips to help anxiety?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

hey @Matty D

i suffer from anxiety as well and it is definitely frustrating ! for some reason my anxiety hasn’t really been around lately but ill try and give you some advice.

my 1st tip is to BREATHE - very simple but does a lot ! maybe start off with talking about less anxiety prone topics to your parents so your anxiety isn’t as high. and then eventually push yourself to talk about more difficult topics ?

sorry i have also had a mind blank ! hopefully some of the others can give you some tips !

@Matty D I also just found this podcast on RO too a day in the life with social anxiety. I quite like it and find it's so relevant for me, maybe it's helpful too? Smiley Happy

@Matty D absolutely breathing on it's own can feel like it's not enough at times.
For me I know when I'm highly anxious I like to take time alone to calm my whole body, so I breathe, I give myself time of no anxiety provoking things, so my phone goes on silent, I try to be alone where people can't find me and I tense each muscle one by one and then relax as I breathe out, and I work down until all my muscles are relaxed.
I've also tried short guided meditations when I'm really anxious too. Sometimes that helps me too.

I also see my psychologist and psychiatrist regularly which helps too.

(funny how my brain now has a response.. maybe I should have waited a few minutes before responding Smiley Tongue )

@Matty D yeah i agree with you breathing can be real hard to just focus on and settle the anxiety. i suffer from panic attacks so i understand how much anxiety takes over. but i know avoiding situation makes the anxiety worse. also telling yourself everything will be okay and just i guess trying to keep everything under control - which i know is hard !