cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Uncontrollable Thoughts

@N1ghtW1ng 

I have a journal and usually write in that whilst I have my music going. I do turn to my journal a lot and often just write out everything that is on my mind and just get it all out on the paper. 

It does help as obviously I am getting all my thoughts out and letting them go as such on the paper. 

Highlighted

Hey @scared01

The quick responses an support from the people who have responded makes me smile and helps a lot! 

I have spoken to my partner about it (he lives with me) and he has been supportive but sometimes I wonder if I need to reach out to get some support from someone else. I talk to my mum sometimes but since turning 21, I guess i've taken a step back from 'relying' on her as such with all my problems and thoughts. 

Highlighted

hey @MeganZ_97 we are more than happy to help Smiley Happy

its good your partners supportive but can understand reaching out for more support which is what your doing- really great work!

i can understand you being hesitant to talking to your mum but if you have a good relationship then id still occassionally have a chat to her. im sure she would be happy to help you

would you consider speaking to your gp and getting some more support through them and also a psychologist refferral for some more supports too?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

@scared01 

I feel as though i'm a little hesitant in going to my gp to ask for a referral to see someone. I think i'm just not sure what to say or ask of my gp in this situation. 

Highlighted

that ok to be nervous @MeganZ_97 when you go to the gp you tell them that your having trouble controlling your anxiety and thoughts and your not sure what to do and would like some help. they will then have a chat to you and provide some options and possible perform a mental health assessment which isnt too scary jsut some questions about how your coping, what your struggling with sort of thing. i think your first post on here describes pretty well on how your going and what your having trouble with 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Me too. Lately, I’ve been convincing myself that I have cancer or that when I die at the age of 15 the exact message I’ll tell my friends and my imagination will get the better of me. 

Highlighted

I put in my earphones at night and blast soft meaningful songs to drown out the thoughts.
Highlighted

hey there @Fluffsar it sounds like you are going through a tough time at the moment. Just around what you said - are you having suicidal thoughts tonight? Will you be able to keep yourself from hurting yourself tonight?

Highlighted

No, I’m not feeling suicidal (thank God). Me and my friend sort of have a pact where we have both agreed suicide is selfish and we will never come to that, although we understand the action/ decision. It’s really just me not wanting to go outside or be around people or do ANYTHING that’s making me down. 

Highlighted

Thanks for being so honest (just what I need to do here). How long have you been feeling that way for today?