cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unhelpful thinking at work

Hey Guys
- Does any have any ideas or ways to remove unhelpful thinking at work ? There is this guy at work that doesn't want to be my friend, but i can't stop thinking about him. I am over it now feeling this way. Does anyone have tips. I was going to put a cheat sheet on my wall but would that look weird?
I am over this person and i don't think there is nothing else to say?
Highlighted

Re: Unhelpful thinking at work

Hey @Marcus29 hmm.. good question!

It can be really challenging when we don't get on with our colleagues, well done on reaching out to strategise that negative thinking Smiley Very Happy You are not alone, at some stage we will all be isolated by a work-mate. I have been in your situation so I definitely feel for you.

I can share with you my own tips in this situation - A good tact with difficult colleagues is to strive to keep your own personal energy at work uplifting. Don't let this person drag you down, focus all of your good vibes on your colleagues, including him - kill 'em with kindness as they say Smiley Happy it also can be good to look after yourself at the end of a work day, remind yourself you are not defined by this person and at the end of the day treat yourself to some meditation, a good movie or time with loved ones/parents.

Hey @Bree-RO

What about that cheat sheet idea?

I have place a link in this post as it was given to me by my doctor 

media.psychology.tools/worksheets/english_us/unhelpful_thinking_styles_en-us.pdf

Let me know what you think?

Highlighted

@Marcus29 I like the cheat sheet idea. It can be really helpful to have a visual reminder to look at and keep you on track. As @Bree-RO said, focus on your wellbeing and be the positive one at your work place and don't let him bring you down. If he is choosing to treat you the way he is, that is about him, not you and he's the one missing out on the awesome friend you could be! Plus you never know how the tides may turn one day. I don't think there's anything wrong with putting the cheat sheet up on the wall, but it's up to you how comfortable you feel with this. Not sure how visible your wall is to your employees. You can put it low down near where you sit, lying on your desk or even in a drawer you use often or something like that if you don't want other people to see it. 

Highlighted

@Marcus29 a cheat sheet sounds like an awesome idea. I myself have a sticker task sheet to help me get through my daily tasks, it's not weird at all to use a visual reminder to help you.
Highlighted

Hey @Marcus29, a cheat sheet sounds like a great idea!

I struggle with unhelpful thinking at work sometimes too and there are a few things I've tried that might help you. Is there anyone at work that you could talk to about the thoughts/feelings you're experiencing? I find sometimes talking to someone who's in the same environment, or even texting them if verbal communication isn't an option, can help.

Also, have you ever tried mindfulness before? I find it helps with focus and accepting uncomfortable thoughts, maybe you could give it a try while you're at work? 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //