cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unsure how to approach this situation

You're so right in saying that we learn from our experiences @nyke - I'm pretty confident that he will come to his senses because, like I said earlier, he is responsible and does the right thing when he has to. Thanks for your help today, again, I'm just going to see how this all pans out from here then go whichever direction is best.

Regarding him asking me to have a drink, it's sorted already haha. He knows where I stand because towards the end of last year some of my friends started to get a bit holiday-happy saying things like "would you try any drugs?", "I'm gonna try a drink this holidays" and the like; every time I just shook my head at them all Smiley LOL

I must say though, teachers/parents/all adults were right when they said that being 15/16 is challenging in terms of experimenting new things by yourself for the first time.

Hey @unwind, how are you going today (Happy New Year by the way!). I definitely agree that the ages of 15/16 are challenging - I think it's because they're so close to the legal age of 18?

By the way, thank you so much for the support given @nyke

I’m going better today, thanks for checking in - happy new year Smiley Happy!! Talking out the situation on here helped a lot.

Being 15/16 is definitely challenging because some feel almost like a mini adult as they’re close to 18, yeah; they do what they want without taking responsibility. I think it also has to do with the fact that when you’re about 15/16 you’re starting to get some independence that you didn’t get when you were a pre or young teen.