cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted

Re: Weed addiction

Hey @Bre-RO, yes my doctor is supportive and was the one who encouraged me to go to see a councelor in the first place.

No support groups though, honestly between kids,work, school work, cleaning, dinner, appointments and everything else I don't have time right now to squeeze anything else in.

I do agree though having people around who are or have been through the same thing would be helpful thats why I came onto this groupπŸ™‚

Positive news today is actually Day 1 of being clean, not an easy day but I pushed through.. well im still trying to push through as it's 12am (part of the withdrawels)

Highlighted

Hey @Itsonlyme ,

Just wanted to check-in and see if you managed to push through last night?  That's a really good effort to make it past midnight.  The first day can be so difficult.  

Highlighted

Hey @Ronan-RO I did make it through the night, ended up falling asleep about 2am.

Woke up at 7.30am and felt emotional so went for a little drive just to pull myself together.

Already noticing a difference just in 24 hours, I woke up not feeling cloudy and tired which is good πŸ‘

I know I just need to take it 1 day at a time at the moment.

Highlighted

Hey @Itsonlyme ,

That's great news Smiley Happy. I love that you woke up feeling emotional and implemented a strategy (i.e., driving) to help pull yourself together.  What are you up to today?  

Highlighted

Hey @Ronan-RO thanks, I'm really trying..

Considering the restrictions in place due to Covid-19 there's no place I can go to help time pass besides food shopping so just bumming around the house atm. 

Times going really slow I must say πŸ™„ but I knew this would happen.. luckily I started the withdrawel process while I have 2 days off work(back tomorrow) as the nausea and sweats have kicked inπŸ‘Ž

Highlighted

That sounds really difficult @Itsonlyme, especially with COVID-19 restrictions Heart Taking it day by day sounds like a plan. You are doing such a great job - you must be so proud of yourself! Is there anything that keeps your mind occupied while you are going through this?
Highlighted

Hey @Taylor-RO , yes I am proud of myself for taking the first big step again but I'll be super proud when I've been clean for month.

I've not been able to push past 30 days with not smoking at all, I would end up smoking once a week at the least and then build up to daily.

This time I'm aiming to get to a month without doing it once 🀞 and then I'll set my new goal.

To be honest nothing can keep the mind occupied as the thoughts are constantly there, the withdrawels will get better in time, all I can do is fight through them. 

Just focusing on getting through tonight and then work for the next 5 days. 

Highlighted

Hey @Itsonlyme , 

Just thought I'd check in and see how you went last night? It sounds like you're doing really well taking it one day at a time, especially in these weird times where we don't have our usual activities/ distractions available. Good on you for getting through the weekend, I hope you're feeling okay today. 

And if you're a fan of lame puns - some virtual encouragement too Smiley Happy

Encourage mint - Imgur

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Hey @Itsonlyme just wanted to say hi and let you know that you're doing really well, even though it would feel very hard at times. Also, wanted to link you to SmartRecovery - they usually do in-person support groups where you can connect with other people who are struggling, share advice and keep each other going. There are also group facilitators who could link you up with extra support if need be. At the moment they are doing online support, something to think about if you feel it might help Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@Itsonlyme  I think it's amazing that you've set a goal for yourself! I really hope that you can achieve it. Smiley Happy
Have you thought about having a plan in place to manage when you have cravings or feel as though you're going to have a slip-up? I've heard of some people keeping a card with them about their reasons for not relapsing, distraction techniques they can use or people they can call in those kinds of situations.
I'm not sure if these will help you, but here are some online resources I've found:
The Four Ds 
Example Coping Card