Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Highlighted

Re: Weed addiction

Hey @Janine-RO @Bre-RO @WheresMySquishy 

(Easier to mention you all in one post)

Thankyou for the encourage mint ๐Ÿ˜…

I've done my own version to keep with me in my bag, ive written down all the negatives and positives, only 1 positive and many negatives and also have a few techniques my councelor jotted down for me. I go over them sometimes. I also saved smart recovery to my homepage incase I feel like I need extra support. 

Work was a challenge today because where I work I deal with people that smoke dope but I just have to deal ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

I can smell it when some people walk in and its just like mmmmmm I miss that smell ๐Ÿ™„ 

But Day 3 is almost over ๐Ÿ‘watching a documentary until I fall asleep.

On weed I could easily go to sleep at 9pm if i wanted to but now it's after midnight.

I appreciate all the positiveness from every one on here.

Highlighted

@Itsonlyme  That's great news! I think the steps that you've taken are great ideas. It sounds like you're working hard towards your goal. Smiley Happy
It must be pretty tough being around people who smoke at your work. Well done for not giving in so far!
Keep up the good work!
giphy

Highlighted

Did you really try to quit it? My cousin had a same problem and he nailed it. Step by step he was reducing the amount of daily smoked weed using CBD oil. He has bought CBD online from a reliable manufacturer, this CBD didn't contain a lot of THC. He reduced dose of THC day by day using CBD gummies. When he realized that he needs no more weed, he stopped using CBD. Maybe this method will help you too? It surely helped him. Or you should just go and see a doctor. Maybe this is an even better way.

Highlighted

@BaronSamedi I did quit for a little time there and have relapsed once again.

Determined to give this stuff a kick in the bud๐Ÿ˜œ

Had some major family issues going on and as much as I tried to resist it was the only thing I knew would ease me. 

That's great news for your cousin, glad that he found a way to help himself ease off. 

I've been to the docs and a bit of counseling too.

Highlighted

Hi @Itsonlyme - I couldn't agree with @WheresMySquishy more, you've shown great insight and resilience by continually trying to stop. I just wanted to say on top of whats been said that for every attempt you try to stop, the better you do, the stronger you become and the further you get. Don't give up, every attempt gets you one step closer to quitting.
Highlighted

Hey @Wolfie_ Thankyou and you are right in every way ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Highlighted

@Itsonlyme  I'm sorry that you relapsed, but I think it's great that you're able to recognise what led up to you relapsing. Family issues can be so tough to deal with. Smiley Sad
It might be helpful to think of this as a slip or challenge that you can overcome. I'm not sure if this will help you, but I've heard that some people develop a plan for when they feel overwhelmed with family issues. For example, maybe you can speak to a friend or do something that makes you happy.
I also think it's awesome that you went to the doctor and tried counselling! It must have taken a lot of courage to open up to them. How did you find those experiences?

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy Don't be sorry it's life we all have struggles. 

That is a great idea, that it also what my counsellor said but I completely forgot.

I will deffinetly be having a good think of some strategies I can use when under stress. Thankyou.

I found the counselling good for other things but not for marijuana withdrawel as I pretty much knew what I need to do, she offered to refer to drug and alcohol counselling but i declined.

Highlighted

@Itsonlyme  That's such a good way of looking at it. Life is full of ups and downs. Smiley Happy
I think it's great that you recognised that counselling wasn't going to help you specifically with marijuana-related issues. Sometimes, it can take a lot of trial and error to discover what works for us. Even if something doesn't help, it is still a learning experience.