cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the point in life?

My life is a mess from all angles. Everyone treats me like shit, my family doesn't even care about me, sometimes I just want to die and forget about everything. I have no one to lean on and I always keep my problems bottled up inside. I feel so depressed and I don't even know why I feel this way. I just want to forget about reality and wake up from this pathetic dream. When my friend called me a downer because I always screw up and mess up the whole occasion, I tried not to cry. The truth is, its hard not to be emotional when there's so much crap to take in everyday. I don't even know the source of all my misery, I just feel this way and its affecting everyone else and everything I do. I truly have not felt happiness in a very long time because I don't feel anything but pain and hopelessness. I don't even know why I'm writing this garbage, no one would give a shit about me. Pain, pain, pain and more pain. I guess that's what I am, I live and breathe pain, I am pain. I'm only a 14 years old boy who is facing the world all by himself, a one man army thats going to crumble any second. If you were even wondering, I'm writing this in complete darkness in my room, where I am all by myself and the only freedom I feel from this disgusting life. I hate myself and I'm sorry if I'm not being specific about my problems and troubles but the truth is there are so many of them I don't even know what they are anymore. I don't see any point in life...

Re: What's the point in life?

Hi @mark0154,

I'm so sorry to hear how bad you are feeling right now. You sound like you're in a lot of pain, and feeling really alone. It's really great that you took the first step towards feeling better, which is reaching out and telling us how you are feeling. Good on you for that.

It's really serious that you've been feeling like you want to die. Are you feeling like that right now? It's important that if you are, you talk to someone right away. If you don't want to talk to a family member or someone you trust like a teacher, I'd ask you to call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800. You can call them to talk about any problems you are having. They will listen to you and take you seriously, and help you think about what you'd like to do next.

Please do call them - you don't need to stay feeling so alone and in pain. Talking to someone can help ease the burden.

Do you think you can do that? You're always welcome to chat here, of course. If you like, you can introduce yourself over on the welcome thread.

Take care, and please keep reaching out and telling us how you are!

blithe

Highlighted

Hey @mark0154 , I'm sorry to hear that life is giving you such a tough time at the moment, it can seem like such a struggle sometimes!

Have you tried talking to your parents about how you feel? Sometimes they care much more than they let on.  Or perhaps your could try talking to your friend?

You're still very young with a lot of good stuff still ahead of you, try and maintain trust that things do get better!

Hi @mark0154 ,

I see that @blithe has given you some resources, have you tried some of them? You sound like you're not in a really great place and it's important that you find someone to talk to who can help you and support you. Talking could be the first step to tackling all of these problems.

Hi @mark0154 

sorry to hear that you are so overwhelmed with life at the moment. It's not easy being 14 and feeling very lonely and unsupported by your family. I know it might seem like you are stuck and life isn't going to change in the future but remember that you are very young and there are bound to be changes! Not just in your circumstances and relationships but also your development, self-confidence and self-esteem. It's most likely that five years from now, you'll approach problems with much more confidence.

Journalling about all the things that worry you would be really helpful. Jot down your feelings, what you wish was different etc. This way you can see on paper what your worries look like and often you'll find out what's missing. You'll also learn to lean on yourself and discover self-help strategies that will come in use when friends and family aren't around.

When you say that your family doesn't care, what have they done to lead you to that conclusion? Sometimes other people's actions might give off the impression that they don't care when really they do and are struggling with their own problems. It might be a good idea to talk to them about it.

Stay strong @mark0154  

Hi @mark0154 

It might be hard to imagine now but things will always change which means there is always hope for better changes to come.
Your family may change or you will learn to be strong without them.

Being a downer is always only tempoary, absolutely no one in the world goes through life happy all the way. Its full of ups and downs and its the downs that gives us opportunity to learn, its the downs that thickens our skins and make us super strong.

Your feelings are valid but I hope you can seek out some counselling or find someone to talk to. This forum is a great place to get a lot information on making friends and how to change our mind/lifes around.

Stay a big longer and find that you are not alone and realise the countless information we have to make real change in your life.

Take care.

hey @mark0154 

I'm sorry to hear about how you've been feeling. It must be really frustrating to go through everything and not completely understand where it's coming from, or why it's happening. I went through an extremely dark period when i was 16 and felt similarly about the world. Nothing made me happy, I couldn't think of anything I really wanted to do, I was anxious and depressed all the time, and there were times I wondered what the point was in all of it if it was going to be so hard.

I ended up seeing a psychologist for a while and did my best to stick with it. I'm not going to say it was all smooth sailing from there, I had an incredibly tough year but things are so much different now and I see the world much differently. My point is, everything may feel bleak now but it can change! I can't imagine how tough it must be for you to go through this at 14 years old, but I want you to know that you do have your whole life ahead of you and life can change so much. 

Is there anything that makes you happy, anything that you really enjoy doing or people who you like to be with? 

Hope you're feeling a little better, please feel free to keep us updated on how you're doing.