cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What’s the real reason people SH

@Erin-RO I don’t have a safety plan... I’m just hating myself and having strong thoughts.

Thanks @Erin-RO <3 Smiley Happy
I actually don't. I'm not sure how to make one/what to include in it but I'm keen to make one.

@Bananatime04 yes, KHL is awesome Smiley Happy

@annabethxchase what’s your counsellor like? Are they nice? How often do you get to talk to them? I’m only allowed twice a week and it hurts to have to leave her knowing I can’t talk to her for days

@Erin-RO ...how do you make one?

I talk to a few different people, I'm hoping to set up a regular time but my schedule is unpredictable. Maybe 1 or 2 times a week?
Highlighted

@annabethxchase I’m not really sure what to say but I really need someone to talk to and I like talking to you... can you ask like questions or can I ask you questions? I feel really alone right now and it could raise the mood for the both of us if you’re struggling too.

Safety plans are really good to have on hand for when you're in this type of headspace @Bananatime04 @annabethxchase, as they can give you clear instructions of what to do, which is really helpful when we're so focused on or really clouded by our negative emotions, thoughts and feelings... I'll pop some links in for you both to take a look at:

1. Here is a general info page from RO here 

2. This is an interactive step-by-step guide from Beyond Blue

3. This is a safety planning app you can download 

Just remember that it can be a good idea to create a safety plan with the help of a support person and when you're feeling a bit better BUT I hope this gives you some hope that we can plan better for our tough times and this way that are not as intense and don't last for as long.

ad5b72c4b551a3c3f446a42cf3d8d8e6.jpg

@Erin-RO I could try make one with my khl counsellor?? I can’t do it by myself because I feel hopeless

Sure @Bananatime04 Ask away Smiley Happy

Thanks Erin! I might do one up with my psych at my next appt Smiley Happy