cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What’s the real reason people SH

I’m not sure I’ve just felt so lonely and isolated

I'm sorry to hear that Smiley Sad Can you maybe play with Eddie? That might comfort you a bit!

Yeah I’ll take him for a walk

Great idea @Bananatime04 Smiley Happy

Dogs can be the best at helping us feel less lonely! Heart (do we have a dog appreciation thread on the forums? We definitely should have one)

Hopefully the walk with Eddie helps @Bananatime04 Smiley Happy

OH we definitely don't @lokifish! This needs to happen!

Let us know how you are feeling @Bananatime04 always here Smiley Happy
Highlighted

I took him for a walk and it was so hot but then we had to go out for lunch and it was really hard because I had to eat and I feel so guilty now. I feel so fat. even tho I’m underweight... I’m fat

Hey @Bananatime04, thanks for updating us. Just giving you a quick heads up that I made a very minor edit to your post as we tend to shy away from mentioning specific weights and things like that. No dramas though. Smiley Happy

It sounds like things are hard right now. I know from personal experience that guilt can be a very difficult emotion to deal with. You've already done some great self care by taking Eddie for a walk, is there anything else you think you could try right now? Heart

Hi @Bananatime04

I used to self harm and the reasons I did it was to show people close to me how much I was really struggling. Because describing it to them didn't seem to get the message across. 

Anyway it did not get the response I was hoping for. It ended up for me being restrained in hospital which was the super traumatic and made how I was feeling that much worse. 

And I can say now that the scars that were left caused me a lot of shame socially. 

I tried laser skin treatment to try to remove the scars which was not effective. And I ended up getting a big tattoo on my arm to cover them up. So it was a costly thing to try to remove the lingering after effects of it all.

Sorry @mrmusic I was on the phone with my khl counsellor. It was an emotional one... my second last time talking to her before she goes on holidays.
Hey @dncinginthedirt to me that actually sounds like a good idea with the headspace I’m in now. I might try it. Sorry it didn’t have a positive effect with you and sorry you had to get a tattoo to cover it. What’s the tattoo of?