cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What’s the real reason people SH

Hey @Bananatime04 your last post seems to imply you believe that self-harm would be beneficial for you right now? Can I please confirm if your feeling safe right now?

I also just wanted to say that I know you may feel this may be a good coping strategy for you right now but if you read back over your thread, you'll notice that everyone who has shared their experience of SH with you, is to try and encourage you NOT to engage in SH. 

Something that's really important to remember is that when you use SH to cope, any form of relief you experience after self-harming is only short term and is often quickly replaced by feelings of shame or guilt about harming yourself. Then at some point the initial difficult feelings return and with the return of these feelings often comes an urge to self-harm again. This cycle of self-harm is often then really difficult to break.

I know I've linked you to some information on RO but I also found this beyond blue fact sheet, which I think might be really helpful to look at too Heart

@Erin-ROI know that people are giving me their experience with sh so that it makes me not want to and realise how it could impact me in the future but every time I hear why they done it, it gives me another reason why I want to. I’m not sure if that makes sense to you but it’s true. I’m safe tho.

Hey @Bananatime04

I just had to edit your post, as it break the guidelines. ReachOut is a space where everyone can help and support each other, but please be mindful that some things which might feel ok, or even comfortable to share, can be really upsetting to the other people who are using the forums. 

It would be best if we could really focus on keeping the conversation about safety discussions, and what strategies and self care plans we can use to maintain our safety for the long term.  

And again I said the wrong thing... see it would be better if I wasn’t here. I should be dead shouldn’t I. I’m sorry I won’t post ever again if that makes you happy. Bye

@Bananatime04, Hey just sent you an email, please keep an eye out for it

You didn't say the wrong thing, but we just wanted to remind you that this is a public space, and for you to be mindful of that Heart 

Hey @Bananatime04, sounds like yesterday was rough Smiley Sad
I agree with Erin in terms off, everyone who has SHed, strongly discourages it because of the long-lasting effects. I want you to know that you're always welcome on RO, we all make mistakes and we were by no means implying that you should be dead Smiley Sad
Just checking how are you today? xx

I feel the same today and woke up with another nose bleed🙄 I just say the wrong thing all the time here and I don’t mean to but they say it could be triggering for other users... so it would be a better place without me and so I should be dead...

Have you checked out our community guidelines? They kind of run through everything and I can link them if you like Smiley Happy I'm sure they didn't say it would be a better place without you.. Do you think your safe right now?
Highlighted

No I say it would be a better place without me sorry I worded that wrong. They just said it’s triggering

Hmm, maybe you could add a TW to your post so that other members are aware. But of course, some of the stuff would still be edited out if it does breach the guidelines. Would you like me to link them?