cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What’s the real reason people SH - TW

That's no good to hear Smiley Sad But great that you have reached out here at the forums! Is there something you'd like to talk about in particular?

My thoughts are strong
Highlighted

Umm yeah... could we talk about the person

Sure. What person?

The one in my head... it’s really hard to explain and I’m not sure if you will understand what I’m saying but I’ll try

So it’s not like I see or hear someone... it’s literally in my head. So the way I think isn’t like it’s me that’s thinking. It’s like someone else is talking to me but it’s all in my head. I can’t control what it says or anything like that. So I would usually think “I’m so worthless, I deserve to die” but instead it’s like someone else says it and it’s “you’re so worthless, just do it, you don’t deserve to live, just die” it encourages my thoughts but makes them it’s own if that makes sense... but I don’t literally hear it. It’s in my head and I can’t control it

Oh gosh - that sounds like a really distressing thing to be experiencing. Has this type of thinking happened before? And by the way, you 100% deserve to be here! You are being really strong by actively talking about what is going on for you. 

Thanks I appreciate you saying that but please know that it is really hard for me to accept that right now as I am not feeling very positive and have a very low self esteem.
Well it started a few weeks ago and usually happens the most at night... well that’s when it gets stronger and each day is stronger than the last. Tonight I just don’t know what to do and it’s really hard because I can’t do anything to stop it.

I can definitely relate to being unable to sleep because I can't get my brain to shut-up. Sometimes I'll be awake for hours just thinking over about stuff like what I have to get done or a problem I can't solve.

You do not have to do what the voice is saying. Can you think of anything you could do to try to distract yourself?

The only thing that helps distract me is talking to people and that’s why I’m here. I feel too alone and isolated to anything...