cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What’s the real reason people SH - TW

I'm sorry to hear that you self harmed Smiley Sad Do you need medical attention for it? Once I needed medical attention when I self harmed

This is an article that describes intrusive thoughts and feeling as though you must act on them https://au.reachout.com/articles/how-to-deal-with-ocd Does this help?

No I haven’t self harmed tonight yet but I did last Saturday that’s what I meant. Although I am thinking about it. I’ll have a look at the link now

Do you have a favourite show or youtube channel that you could watch now? 

Here's a cute video that I love https://youtu.be/8-1F-CokXNU

I read it and it kinda made me feel like something will happen and I’m not sure what or why... but that link was hard to read. I feel really negative now. Trying to come up with things that could happen

Naw that was cute! I don’t really feel like doin anything, I just want someone to talk to. How long are you going to be online for? Are you about to leave?

I'll be online for a little while yet Smiley Happy I'm doing some of my studying for the week. I study a Bachelor of Social Science online. The only time I get to study is when my son is asleep or when he goes to daycare 2 days a week.

What else would you like to talk about?

Wow you have a son and are studying?! How on earth do you do that? How old is he?

He is 16 months old Smiley Happy I'm a single mum and I started this degree when he was 7 months old. I only do it part-time coz any more study would be unmanageable for me right now. I am hoping that when he is ready to start school that I will have it finished and get a job to support us.

Highlighted

Omg I’m so sorry to hear that you’re a single mum.
What job are you gonna get?

No need to be sorry! I knew I was gonna be a single mum right from the start.

I'm not sure what specific job I would like. But I do know that I want a job that helps others! Maybe a job in mental health, domestic violence or child protection.

Do you know what job you'd like in the future?