Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: What’s the real reason people SH - TW

Goodnight. Hope you sleep well

I probs won’t but I hope you do

Hey @Bananatime04, How'd you end up going last night? How do you feel today?

I was really close to self harming again but I didn’t end up doing it. I feel like shit today and I really wanna self harm again

Yay So proud of you Smiley Happy
Do you thunk you could talk to your parents about how your feeling?
Maybe talk to a helpline?

Hi @Bananatime04 and @dncinginthedirt,

I have just been reading over your posts from last night, it sounds like you both have had a really great chat- I can see some great suggestions here too around safety and self care Smiley Happy It is really great to see peer support happening in our community Heart

I just wanted to let you know that ReachOut is monitored from 9am-11pm 7 days a week and there aren't often members online outside of our staff hours. Any posts that fall after hours are reviewed until 9am the next day. @Bananatime04, we want to make sure that if you need to chat to someone, that you have the numbers for services that are available 24/7 and can support you if you are feeling unsafe. You can these 24/7 services here. We aren't a crisis service, but during ReachOut hours, we will help to direct you to these services too Smiley HappyHeart I have also edited a couple of the comments around self harm from posts yesterday evening- they were only minor edits Smiley Happy

This thread is getting quite long, and looking back over it I can see from the start of this thread just how far you have come in building confidence to reach out for support @Bananatime04 Heart We are so proud! We would really encourage you to start a new thread when posting today- we can move a comment across to help you start. Starting a new thread every couple of days can also help other members be able to offer more support to you too and new threads come up more frequently than new posts on the home page Smiley Happy We will be focusing on supporting members to start new threads this week so let us know if you have any questionsSmiley Happy

We are really proud of the steps you have taken to seek help and maintain your safety! This community is behind you Heart

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Do you have a good relationship with him? No pressure to answer xx
I think your allowed to talk to KHL though, you cna have 20 minute safety chats I think Smiley Happy

@Jess1-RO the chats were nearly over so I check if there was anyone online that I could talk to.
What do I call the new thread?
@annabethxchase well it isn’t the closest relationship and I’m not as close to him as my brothers are because it’s been 10 years since my mum and dad got divorced and my brothers live with dad and I’m with mum. Since I have self harmed, my counsellor said if I ever really want to again and I’m not feeling safe I can log on with someone but I don’t really wanna waste their time...

Ah Ok.. How about your mum? Would you talk to her about how you've been feeling lonely and isolated? You won't be wasting their time, they're there to help you Smiley Happy

Hi @Bananatime04,

Your last post might be a good one to start a new thread on Smiley Happy Would you like me to move this one across to a new thread for you?

You could all it something like "Looking for support" or something like that?

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here