cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What’s the real reason people SH

I love gymnastics, my friends and family, my dog Eddie, watching movies and I can’t think of any more because I’m useless

That is a very good list you have there! You have well-rounded interests and people (and a doggo!) that you love. Why do you love these things? What is it about gymnastics you enjoy? 

I don’t really know the answers to those questions... sorry I just love them

That's totally okay! Feeling love is such a strong emotion though. Thank you for sharing those things with me. 

I would like to follow up with what @Jay-RO asked, have you tried any self-care today? 

Sorry I went outside for a bit! No I haven’t done any and I don’t feel like doing any because I just want to die and if I can’t die I want to self harm again

That's okay @Bananatime04 Smiley Happy Are you safe right now?

That is an awesome list of positives you've come up with, I am proud of you for trying. It doesn't need to be a long list and you are definitely not useless for not being able to think of anymore. Do you have any favourite movies that are your go-to when you feel like watching movies?

What sort of activities do you like to do for self-care? I understand that it can be difficult to do when the feelings of self-harm are so strong but they can often be helpful. What do you think?

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

I don’t usually watch movies more than once but that reminds me, I’m going to the cinemas to watch a movie with my friends this weekend and we’re going shopping so that will be a good distraction. I don’t want to do self care I just want to self harm.

I'm really worried about you right now, are you safe at the moment @Bananatime04? How do you think we can help you right now? Smiley Happy xx

I’ll try to be as safe as I can but I’m not sure what to do @annabethxchase I’m lost

Fantastic to hear! Maybe you could pop some of your favourite music on?