cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What should I do?

Hello, I'm currently a person who is questioning their gender and I think I know who I am (trans FtoM) but my only issue is if my family and peers will accept me. I'm really worried that I will be told off and put into sadness  even through I know that this is who I am. This is just the start of what I'm concerned about as well as all of the stress and anxiety that came with all of this. It also came from me not being able to express myself and knowing that I won't be judged. This is more for when I'm at school even though it is a really accepting school. So pretty much what I'm saying is that I am currently dealing with a lot of things that makes me want to crawl up into a ball and cry and I have absolutely no one to talk to about it and comfort me. So if anything I'm asking what should I do? 

Highlighted

Re: What should I do?

Hello,

Do you have a close friend or family member you can chat with? I know it can be very scary but If you have a friend who you can trust It will make you feel better knowing you have there support. Or even if you know someone who is going through the same experience can help. I truly understand how you feel, everyone has the right to express themselves. Don't worry about the people who are judgmental I know it is easier said then done. Just be yourself. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Hi @Love123. Yes I do have a close friend that I can talk to but lately they have been extremely busy and I don't have a family member I can talk to about this. I also understand what you mean when you say don't worry about the people who are judgemental and how it is easier said then done as I've been judged and disliked by my peers for most of my life. This place has helped me as well because I can express what I feel and think once again without being judged. I really want to thank you for replying to me. 😄

Highlighted

Hi @Bookworm2004

Not being able to tell people about who you are must be very hard. My advice is to hold off on telling people the news. Tell them if they ask. My worry is same as yours, it is acceptance and judgement. We've seen some people can turn quite nasty during the period of marriage equality vote so that is why I am concerned. 

If you feel like you need to express yourself then you should because your happiness should be your no.1 priority. Deal with whatever comes the best you can. However there has been a lot of news with bullying in schools so I am concerned about you in that area as well (honestly I think there needs to be harsher consequences for bullies but that's just me). 

If you can handle the negativity that might come your way, then you should come out; if not, then hold off until when you are ready. 

Also there is always a place for you here at ReachOut, people to talk and help you/comfort you if needed!

Highlighted

I have class mates that care about me im going though a really hard time in life they let me join in stuff and conversations they have they make me feel like im wanted. I don't really have a family member i talk to about my problems i tell my classmates and friends that i trust and know there is 2 classmates that like talking to me and want to know me and all that 😊

Highlighted

Hey @Bookworm2004 super well done on knowing who you are and that you're potentially ready to embrace being a male, it must be incredibly painful to be questioning this constantly, you've done awesome work on taking the steps to get some further support. 

Do you have a school counsellor, or better yet a teacher you really trust? Both of these positions have a duty of care to be supportive of these thoughts and ensure they remain confidential (unless you are at risk of harm). I also would like to recommend you giving one of these organisations a call for some further support (or web chat). One is Kids Helpline, they work with people between 14-25 years of age, and there's also Q Life who are open until 10pm and have some training around gender identity. 

RO is a really open and supportive space re: gender identity quite a few of ours members are going to transition, have transitioned or don't identify with a singular gender. It's an awesome space full of awesome energy I hope you continue to feel supported here Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thank you @Bree-RO, @Nightruner23 & @LeoTheLion for your responses for this situation as it is really comforting to know that there are many people who are willing to help. I would speak to a teacher, councilor or one of the helplines but my only problem is that I wouldn't really know if they fully understand what I am going through. RO is probably the closest I can get because I feel like I can be myself and( as I think I've said before) I feel like I can express my thoughts and emotions without being judged. To be honest, I feel safe here using this as a way to get help because I can't handle what's going on in  my life and mind and I don't really have anyway to contact close friends outside of school. 😊

Highlighted

Hi @Bookworm2004 Maybe message him/her and say I really need to speak to you about something important. 

Same here I have been judged and bullied alot in my time so I understand, humans can be very cruel. I am new here I just made my account today! Smiley Happy and no worries, I hope I helped Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@Bookworm2004 

The teachers, councilor or helplines will fully understand and wont judge what you say to a councillor will not be told to anyone unless they think you are unsafe like self harm but other then that what is said in the room stays in the room you at all they are there to help you get your life together i never used councilor but i got in contact with beyond blue and i said what i need to after the talk with them i felt better like the weight of my shoulders well lifted off @Bookworm2004 they are very helpful at what they do and they will help you grow your confidence and all that 😊

Highlighted

Hi @Love123. I would conact them as I have their number but I have no credit to call or message them with. Still I appreciate your response and yes, humans can be very cruel. I should know as I too have been bullied and judged for my whole life. 😄