cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What the fuck

@Saltwaterdreamtime I'm so sorry to hear about what you've gone through. It sounds like you've had a really awful past couple of days, and I hope you've been able to give yourself some credit for how well you've been managing things. 

It's like you said, it's such a big kick in the guts for people to judge you on your past actions and completely disregard all the hard work and effort you have put into changing for the better; it really feels like it's not just the one action, but that they are invalidating you completely as a person. I think the fact that you were able to put all of these emotions so clearly into words is just one of the many examples of how much you have grown and achieved.

I'll leave it to @Hannah-RO about arranging to have a chat with Sane forums, and I hope that you can have a big rest tonight; you definitely deserve one.

@TOM-ROinvalidating me as a person, thats exactly right and so well put. I already said actions have consequences, beleive me I know that, but you also can’t treat everyone the same, equal isn’t giving everyone the same it’s giving each person what they need. And then to send me a simple copy and paste “no” email, that definitely makes me feel like I’m not being considered. My past actions apparently define me. Even though I’ve done my time.

Story time, when I was a teenager, I set a bin on fire at a council owned skatepark, during a council run skate event, which then spread to a couple of nearby trees and literally could have killed/badly injured people/started a bushfire, and I was banned from their skate parks and skate events for a long time. I’m not proud of that at all. But I did my time, I served my very very long ban, and it’s no longer held against me that when I was at my worst, I behaved at my worst.
I’m 25,and that was when I was 13, and not once has that been bought up again. If it did come up, well rightly so because that was a pretty screwed up thing to do just because I didn’t win, but, my point is, when you’re at your worst obviously your behaviour can reflect that, don’t hold it against someone because they fucked up while they were barely functioning.

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime gosh it must be so hard for you to feel so bound by your actions from the past. I know I can look back in my life and find so many examples of things I've done/said that I'm not proud of and wouldn't do today. We are everchanging humans  so it's so shit when you are being held to an old version of yourself. I just want to say that the fact that you are able to reflect on the past, be honest about it and make changes says so, so much about you and I think it's something you should be proud of. I really hope this SANE stuff can get sorted for you, you really deserve it. 

@Bre-RO Thanks. Yeah, if me almost starting a bushfire isn’t talked about 12 years later, me telling someone where to go 3 years ago on the internet still being issue is just ridiculous. But I also have a lot of other things to worry about at the moment, that doesn’t involve people who just don’t listen or take individuals considerations into account. I’m not downplaying either of those incidents by the way, I just think, like I said is it really fair to punish people for something they did, in the past, when they weren’t themselves. Totally understand if I like killed someone or whatever, but come on 

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime 

I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense, and I totally agree with @Bre-RO that we have ALL done things in the past that we want to move on from and grow from, and its horrible to continue being punished for them. 

Just to give you an update, we have reached out to Sane and they have informed us there is a new person starting there that we should speak to, but this might take a couple of weeks. Are there any key messages that you'd like us to convey to them? And are there any key goals you have for joining their forum after ReachOut? No rush to answer, feel free to take your time, I know you've got lots of other things on Heart

@Hannah-RO thanks for reaching to them, but that sounds like a bit of a cop out to be honest (from their end not you) and that’s just frustrating

@Hannah-RO would it be ok if we took this conversation off here and instead email or something?
Not that I would say anything bad on here but I also am mindful of speaking about other services and issues with them

Yeah I can understand it's pretty frustrating Smiley Sad And yep we can absolutely have this chat via email, I'm just about to log off for today but can get back to you tomorrow Smiley Happy

Hi @Saltwaterdreamtime Smiley Happy Just letting you know I am about to send you an email

um so they just let me on, no problems, like I’m not banned anymore? I didn’t get an email or anything my access has just no longer been blocked 🤔