cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When the school does nothing

I haven't been at my school for very long, but as I'm graduating I've been hearing stories and seeing other people experience some serious levels of bullying among students and teachers. In the past parents and students have taken it up with the school in attempt to do something about it, only for the school to turn around and basically say "get over it". I was wondering if there was something that could be done legally to the school about the lack of support when it comes to bullying within its grounds and outside of it. 

Re: When the school does nothing

Hi there @Seniorseekinghelp and welcome to ReachOut Smiley Happy

It sucks that bullying is still so common in schools and that often, very little is being done ot support those students and parents who are affected. Unfortunately we can't give out legal advice as per our community guidelines (found here). However, I would recommend checking out and asking your local or state government as they are more likely to have the answers you're looking for. What do you think?

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

Hi,
All I was wondering if something could be done, not necessarily
specifically what could be done. We didn't want to attempt to pursue
something that we can't legally do anything about. Somehow we will get in
touch with someone who can do something, with evidence put forward and see
what we can do.

@Seniorseekinghelp ah sorry for misunderstanding Smiley Happy There may be things you can do, I believe the best people to get in touch with would be people in the education sector who may have more legal understanding than we do here on ReachOut.

Good luck with your search, we're always here if you want to share more about the situation Smiley Happy

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

Thank you for re-assuring us that we can do something. Didn't want to look
like chickens trying to go up against a dingo.