cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why

I can’t stop crying and I don’t even know why. I’m surrounded by children and people who love me but I’m not feeling happy at all. Idk why?

Re: Why

Hi @Jesssister2001 I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling this way, thank you for reaching out to us. I've found that sometimes crying can help us to feel better once we let it all out. Would it help if you wrote down your thoughts in a journal? Is there someone you're comfortable talking to at home? I'm glad to hear you are surrounded by people who love and care for you. We're here to listen and support you as best as we can Heart

Re: Why

Hey @Jesssister2001 - I've gone through some of your recent posts, and it sounds like you're going through a pretty rough week. It's great to hear that you're surrounding yourself with your support network, but not being happy - even if you are surrounded by those who love you - could be pretty normal, given everything else that's happened.

It's reasonable to feel hurt and upset. Talking to friends and surrounding yourself with your support network will help, but it also won't take the pain away immediately. That takes time - as I'm sure you're already well aware.

But more broadly, I also don't think you need to justify your feelings. You've had a hard week, it's fine to not be happy. But even if you didn't have a hard week, it'd still be fine. Emotions don't always have to be rational, or make sense. Sometimes we just feel things, even if it doesn't really seem to make sense that we should feel that way. In some cases, it'd be a hell of a lot easier if they did make sense (e.g. anxiety), but....well, a lot of the time, they just don't.

Which can suck, because sometimes it means we don't feel happy, even if we think we should be. It's confusing, and can even make us feel guilty for not feeling a certain way. Is that how you're feeling now?