cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: checking in

Hi @scared01,

Thank you for checking back in and letting us know how the last few weeks have been Heart It sounds like there has been so much happening for you between home life, work and reduced supports- such a tough time Heart

You mentioned taking each day as it comes and dealing with things when they come up. In many ways, staying in the moment and approaching life for what is directly in front can be helpful, and in other ways it can feel like the waves keep coming. If there is one thing that we see time and time again, it is your incredible resilience in the face of so many life challenges and obstacles. I hear you are feeling tired, and that is understandable Heart On days when it is hard to hold onto hope, I want you to know that we are here for you and we will hold that hope with you Heart

Sending hugs your way today! 

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

Hi @Jess1-RO and thanks
yes very tough stuff happening. i dont really know any ways forward though. it all seems to be piled up high and im not seeing many options in working through it. any thoughts?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01  I'm sorry you lost one of your jobs. That's so awful. Smiley Sad It really hurts to be replaced. I can relate to your situation because something similar happened to me.

I was fired from a work experience type of position last year at a new company. I was a volunteer yet they expected me to do the work of an experienced paid employee. I believe that the owner fired me so that she could give my role to her boyfriend and pay him for it once they quit their other jobs to focus on their new company full time. I think they used me so that they had someone to do an unpaid job while they got their things in order and planned to eventually dump me all along once the business was more established.

It really upset me at the time and came as a huge blow to my self-confidence. They tried to make me feel as though there was something wrong with me. The owner was a bully and actually implied that I was going to struggle with getting other roles in the future because according to her, no one would want me. I still get angry about it but in the end, it was their loss. I was a hardworking employee who did everything that was asked of me. They never made any effort to get to know me, train me, or make good on the promises they made in the interview. Nothing I did was ever good enough for them, despite doing it exactly the way that they told me to do it and helping them out a lot whilst not being paid. They were really toxic, selfish and unscrupulous people and I'm glad to have got rid of them and found better positions with more supportive staff.

This is a terrible situation now and it may take you a long time to find another position, but it will work out in the end. It's far better to either have no job or work for people who appreciate you than to stay in a bad job working for jerks who aren't going to be loyal. It could end up being a blessing in disguise. You could use the free time to do things that you really want to do, for example. I used my free time to do some online courses, focus on my hobbies, work on my resume, and go on an overseas holiday. I was also able to look for opportunities I wouldn't have otherwise considered. I also found venting about the situation and writing down my feelings helpful.

I don't think you're a failure. You did not lose your job because you were bad at doing it. You lost your job because the owners decided to make a business decision and clearly didn't care about a loyal, hardworking employee like you. It will take time, but you will get through this. Heart

hi @wheresmyquishy and thanks for sharing. its hard when employers are difficult seemingly without reason isnt it. i didnt like the job that much anyway however it was good for helping with paying the bills so i guess thats the onyl real reason i stayed anyway. its not a big loss to me otherwise, ill have to just work with what ive got and focus on other aspect of my life and how to improve those

Hi @scared01 How are you today? It is great to hear you are focusing on some positive aspects and not letting this get you down too much. What other things will you be focusing on now?

hi @TOM-RO
i wish i could say i was better but im worse. my caree and i had a one-sided argument right in the middle of a shopping centre with people staring at us. when i say one sided i mean i got yelled at by him. i cant repeat everything that was said but it was all along the lines of me being a horrible person, and that i make him look stupid etc and he doesnt want to come with me anymore and i can do everything myself (i already do that anyway) but in the middle of a shopping mall in front of everyone was awful. the one thing i asked him to do today was wash the dishes while i was out. didnt do that so i had to cook his dinner then clean up before heating mine up. its been a hard day
Highlighted

That's really awful @scared01 and not right. 

Is there someone you can talk to about this incident? Perhaps from where they organise your carer.

What have you been doing this evening to self care?

yeah i spoke with carers australia tonight @TOM-RO i dont feel any better about it though. they have given a few tips though on how to manage it if it happens again.
ive just been watching some tv and staying all rugged up. one of my fave tv shows are on soon so ill watch that before heading to bed too.

im also ringing his aged care specilist tomorrow to see what they also suggest and if they can bring forward any appointments for him that enables things like respite for me

I'm glad you made those calls @scared01 , and have a bit of a plan with going ahead. Getting lost in TV shows is a great way to distract yourself. I hope you have a restful sleep tonight. Take care <3