cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dealing with the worst kind of person

I feel you @N1ghtW1ng, I have two brothers and one of them was a massive dick. He thought it was fun to make me angry and used to do it on purpose, then laugh about it. Even though it's your least favourite thing to hear, he did grow out of it. He got a job as an apprentice tradie and I think it was a rude awakening, they expected a lot from him and didn't take any crap so he had to change his ways or get fired. We get along alright now, also helped a lot by the fact we don't live together and I learned to better manage my emotions around him. But none of that helps you right now, it's a crappy situation to live with and I'm sorry. Can you at least try to get rid of the stink? Maybe hide an air freshener in his room, or burn incense?

@N1ghtW1ng wrote:
@missep talking to him would be impossible because he's a dick and he enjoys it, and my parents won't help either. They already know and even though I know they care, if feels like they don't because he never gets punished for his actions and it doesn't matter what I say.

THIS SUMS UP MY EXPERIENCE WITH MY BROTHER SOOOOO WELL!

@N1ghtW1ng Seems we're having very similar problems with brothers right now! Gah!

I understand how him not doing his chores impacts you - it's the same here! Although 9 times out of 10 I end up having to his and he laughs at me. Or he says "Oh your finally helping now?" Like dude, I'm the one who cooks lunch/tea 99.99% of the time! Grrrr. He makes me angry too!

@ElleBelle how did you deal with your brother making you angry on purpose and then laughing at you over it???? My brother does the same thing and it'ssoooo irritating. And when I ignore it (Sometimes I can, and it's reallllly hard) but when I do he cracks it that I'm ignoring him. Damned if I do, damned if I don't Smiley Sad

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I wanted to log in real quick before I forget about this but @Bee yes! I feel like my parents don't acknowledge the effort I go to when ignoring him and only see when I snap. To which he laughs, what are some ways you've dealt with that @ElleBelle? Because that's literally him! (it's so frustrating and what I think to be the worst kind of person Smiley Tongue)

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Do brothers get some kind of guide book when they are born on how to be as irritating as possible? It sounds like they all know exactly what to do to press our buttons!

@Bee @N1ghtW1ng one of the things I found most powerful was just internally acknowledging that he was doing it to deliberately make me mad. You know how when you identify your negative inner-voice and it takes the power away from it? It's a bit like that. If he was cracking jokes about me or making fun of me, I found that I could shut it down pretty quickly just by agreeing with him. "ElleBelle you're so fat." "Yes." "Hahahaha you just admitted it." "Uh huh." "..." Or if he was saying deliberately provocative stuff to get me to argue, I'd just shake my head and walk away. He STILL does that, by the way, and he's a fully grown adult. None of it is easy by any means, and it takes a lot of deep breaths. I still occasionally can't control it and blow up at him, but I'm human and brothers are annoying. 

I don't know if I can say this because I am a brother but I definitely have a brother like that and it pains me 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Sorry to hear that @N1ghtW1ng! Here for you whenever you want to vent though! Heart

@N1ghtW1ng OMG This is so weird that I'm reading this and 100% agreeing, it matches up so perfectly with what I'm dealing with right now! Smiley Surprised
My brother caught be out on a mix up today and when I admitted I was wrong he made this whole big scene about how I can't admit I'm wrong and that I had no comeback hence why I admitted I was wrong. ARH! Then he called me alll the obscenities under the sun (They aren't appropriate to post on a forum! Smiley Surprised )

@ElleBelle it sure seems that way! Where was my handbook? I feel left out Smiley Tongue
I'd like to say ignoring or even agreeing with the turnip works, but sadnly no, no it doesn't work with my 17 Y/O brother :/ He will just use the fact I agree with him for more harm than anything (I've tried. and sadly failed Smiley Sad )

@j95 another one!? My oh my how many worst brothers are out there? Wait don't answer that one... Smiley Tongue
How do you deal?

(Ps. Sorry for hitchhiking on your thread @N1ghtW1ng)

It's really hard in fact it's almost impossible I know that but I try my hardest to understand why it's happening like what's going in there? Is anything going on in there?
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@Bee hitchhikers allowed! Cat LOL Everyone can share their tips and experiences, it's what this thread is for Smiley Happy

@j95 haha I think that a lot too, if there is anything going on up there in his head. He's 19 now (I'm pretty sure) and oh boy it's so annoying.

@ElleBelle I think I have used the agreeing with him but less thoughtout, as in I will just say uh huh, really? Oh yeah, vague "yes" responses. (doesn't work because I still get angry inside but less on the outside so... small win?) But I get more angry at him when he is lazy and doesn't help around the house or do his chores, so agreeing with him doesn't work then Smiley Tongue (if only? Right Smiley Tongue)

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Highlighted

Animated GIF