cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

desperate need of support

I in desperate need of support 

I struggle with anorexia amongst many other mental health issues that I need serious support with and I just feel so helpless, lost and alone. 

I have a disconnection from my family and I and my home life is chaotic and that's putting it lightly.

In November I was in an inpatient at an hospital for my eating disorder and I have gone to several places trying to seek help as this has been an issue for the past 4 years. I have found no support that helps my due to the fact every where I go only helps with my anorexia not the other issues I have and I just really need some advice especially for me home life.

My mum has emotionally abused me for years and is unstable herself, I no longer live with her but I get no support from her or her family as they dislike me and are unhelpful and judgemental towards my issues.

My father is an alcoholic and has suffered from many years of drug abuse so its as if he isn't all there.

I have never had a relationship with his family and it is hard to gain support from them because they want nothing to do with me 

I need support because im in serious need of help and in my area (Newcastle) there is a lacking of mental health support for adolescents and it feels like no where really wants to help me because im too "difficult"

Please please please give any advice on what to do I need it desperately 

Highlighted

Re: desperate need of support

Hi @lilyjohhnson , things sound really tough Smiley Sad

That is a lot to deal with, and I can hear how much you need support at the moment. I'm so sorry to hear how alone you feel with all that you are going through. 

A few services that you may have already had some contact with, but are good places to start are : 

The butterfly foundation: 1800 33 4673

headspace - they have a centre in Newcastle 

Wesley mission have a youth mentoring service you might find helpful 

You mentioned you're not living with your mum at the moment - who are you living with? 

Things sound really difficult with your Dad as well, going through alcoholism and drug abuse. Do you have any other family - siblings, grandparents, aunties etc - that you could reach out to? 

The fact that you're reaching out here, and working so hard to keep going, shows a lot of resilience and strength Heart

Look out for an email from me in your inbox of the email address you signed up with. 

Hi @lilyjohhnson, it sounds like there is a lot going on and you are having a tough time at the moment. I just wanted to say though, that you should be so proud of yourself for your strength, courage and resilience. Headspace and the Butterfly foundation are really good places to talk to people. The Butterfly foundation has a number you can call if you'd like to speak with someone too - 1800 33 4673. I hope you are feeling a bit better today <3

@lilyjohhnson  how are you going this week? 

Hey!

I’m better. Just trying my best to stay positive.

Sent from my iPhone

Hey @Beaharvey 

That's great to hear. Maybe you can share with the forums some coping strategies that you found helpful?

What's plans for the weekend?

I actually have a lot of plans. My 18th is on Easter and my friend and I share a birthday and have been planning a picnic on the Saturday. It’s kept me occupied around work hours. Not to mention my uni friends have come up so I’ll be spending lots of time with them.

Sent from my iPhone