cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does this count as relationship?

Hi everyone this is my very first post I think. I've never been in any relationship before the real one the kind you go out on a date that kind. I'm just wonder does long distance relationship (ldr) counts as actual relationship? Because if I do meet a girl in future and we become a couple she asks me how many relationship you been in? I just don't know how to answer that because I don't know does ldr counts as relationship?
ps sorry for my poor grammar I know my grammar is very bad Smiley Sad

Re: does this count as relationship?

Hey @snakecamel! Welcome to ReachOut, thanks for being so brave and making a post. Your grammar is fine and I can understand you perfectly Smiley Happy

It is really hard to define a relationship because it is different for every person. It really depends on how you feel about your relationship and what you feel comfortable telling people. I was in a ldr for 2.5 years and it was very special to me so I decided to tell people that I had a boyfriend and if they asked, I was happy to explain that it was a ldr. If you want it to count as a relationship, there is no reason why it can't!

How are you feeling about it all?
—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford

Hi @T4ils you think my grammar is fine really! thank you

I'm fine telling people about it but both of them didn't last that long and we didn't even get to meet each other in real life so I don't think it counts.

Hey @snakecamel

As a rule I like to personally use, if I have to question whether it is or isn't a relationship, then it simply isn't a relationship for me. But the decision is totally your's Smiley Happy (Also, it's nice to think ahead about these things, but im sure it's never going to matter in the future if and when you meet someone!)
Highlighted

Hey @Mayaa99
"As a rule I like to personally use, if I have to question whether it is or isn't a relationship, then it simply isn't a relationship for me."
Thank you for your reply and I think I agree with you if I have to think about it then it wasn't a relationship.

I’m glad that you are feeling more clear about everything @snakecamel! Ldr’s can be so interesting and complex, so thanks for reaching out.

Have you been up to much lately?
—————————

– Henry Ford

@T4ils found out the rule of the guidelines from another mod today it's good to keep identities anonymous but at the same time if I meet someone great it's bit sad I can't ask their email or facebook etc etc

Hi @snakecamel!
I also think your grammar is totally fine Smiley Happy
Long distance relationships can be tricky, like the others have said it's totally up to you to decide if you consider it a relationship or not Smiley Happy
Regardless I think that everything adds to our knowledge and experience which is useful!

Ah yes I can understand where you are coming from regarding the guidelines, at least you can still have some conversations here on the forums!

Yeah that can definitely suck @snakecamel.. I feel you! But as you said, it allows us to have some pretty important and awesome conversations that we might not have if it wasn't anonymous. Are you looking to make some new friends at the moment? There are some other pretty cool apps and websites around that can help with friends in person Smiley Happy
—————————

– Henry Ford

Hey @missep
yeah I know it's better than nothing Smiley Very Happy