cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: drugs getting the better of me

I have dealt with a lot @Dory if I can  get through that I can get through this 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Hey @j95,

I am really glad you were able to share this here. Honesty takes guts. But I'm a little scared for you too. I think everyone else gave you good advice, so I won't chime in any further than that. Take control, as soon as you can. And keep reaching out.

blithe

Highlighted

I'm scared for me too @blithe
Highlighted

Scared is ok if it helps motivate you to act. Smiley Happy

blithe

Highlighted

Im dieing and need help asap. Ice has almost destroyed every aspect of my life. I have to be back at work in 3 days and since the 23rd December i have probably had 15 hours sleep. Help I have faded away to nothing and dont have a lot of options.

Highlighted

Hey @Ayaned 

It sounds like you're in a really bad place and you need help immediately.

Do you know what you're options are?

You need to detox first. This can be at an in-patient treatment centre. These are usually based on hospital grounds but not always. You can find the detoxes near you by searching in ADIN service directory. Enter youur state and the type of service you want, i.e. detox and it will list all the services in that state that provide that type of treatment or similar. Or you can call ADIS just call the number for your state and you can talk to someone who will be able to give you lots of info. Just make sure you have a pen and paper with you when you call. They will be giving you phone numbers to call.

The other option is to an out patient detox. This is when you detox at home under the supervision of a GP. They are more likely to do this with drugs like Ice as it doesn't have some of the same withdrawal risks that other drugs have. For this you will need a GP you feel ok with enough to tell them exactly what you're going through. If you don't have one, or the doctor you see you're not willing to tell then try Headspace. This will help you find the one closest to you soo you can make an appointment. Most Headspaces have a GP and Drug and Alcohol counsellor on site so you will be able to discuss what to do next with them,

There are a number of options that follow detox but you can look into those later. It all starts with getting the drug out of your system and getting through the withdrawal.

I've been a drug and alcohol worker for a number of years and I can promise you, from first hand experience, that the following things are absolutely true:

if you keep using, things will get worse

if you stop using, things get better

you need help

you can do this. you can get clean but you need help.

If you don't have anyone in your life that will help you, then the support of a doctor or drug and alcohol worker is enough to get you through. That's all you need. But please don't try and do it alone.

A couple of other options are NA and Smart Recovery these are both fellowships of addicts who are clean or getting clean. They have meetings where people with addiction issues come together to support each other. Have a look at their websites and see what you think. If it sounds ok, then try a meeting. There are lots of people in both fellowshhips who share about going to their first meeting and stopping using drugs from then on.

And if you're fearful for your health or safety. If you feel you need medical attention immediately then please call 000. Ice is a terrible drug and it can bring on psychosis. If you're scared and you don't know what else to do, get to a hospital or call and ambulance and ask for help.

Please don't try and do this alone.

How dooes all this sound Ayaned?

Highlighted

Hey there @Ayaned,

You sound like you're going through hell. I'm really glad you found us and you were brave enough to reach out, tell us what's happening, and ask for help. That is a brave first step. We will give you all the support we can while you start to get this sorted. Did Nigio's advice help at all? How are you today?

blithe

Highlighted

Hey @j95 

how are you going with everything ?

Have you looked up some of the resources about drugs?

I hope everything is getting better for you 

Highlighted

@EloiseRose

I knew how badly I wanted to stop this so I got rid of what I had, blocked some numbers. I'm still using it, like it's not really that easy to stop but not as much and with everything else going on I haven't thought about it which to me is a good sign. It's never good to use at all, but if I get to that point where I just use it at a party or something then that's a good step. My girlfriend hates it, which is fair enough, pretty much forcing me not to use which is good.
Highlighted

Hey @j95 it sounds like you have a tough battle ahead of you to get better, but the fact that you've caught it so early and are taking recovery so seriously is really amazing. It's also really great that your girlfriend is being supportive in helping you get away from using, having a support network to help you get back up if you stumble a bit is so important when dealing with addiction. Wishing you the best of luck Smiley Happy