cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: family incident

Hey @j95, how are you doing at the moment? You've had a really rough night of it, and I hope you found a place to stay and a good night's rest. It's also absolutely not your fault that your mother reacted so violently - and you have every right to be with your siblings, and for them to visit you.

Thinking of you Smiley Happy

Hey @j95, jumping on to add my support along with all the others here! Hope you found a safe place to stay last night and that you are okay now. 

None of this is your fault. 

If you want to, and only when you're ready, we're here to talk. 

Highlighted

Thanks @stonepixie @redhead @hartley_ @blithe @Ben-RO (and anyone I might of forgotten)

I'm ok, found somewhere to go last night, I'm mostly just feeling scared and angry. I thought about it at bit more and it's not my fault. I dont do anything with the intention of causing these problems, I actually do the opposite by supporting my family (like having my brother stay). So I'm pretty angry it all happened and I'm really scared as well.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I'm seriously just trying to live my life and be the best person I can be and this happening is just so frustrating

hey @j95 So happy to hear that you found somewhere safe to go last night. Keep striving to be the best you can be, I think you're doing so well. It's unfortunate that things happened the way they did last night but I hope it's shown you how strong you are. It's okay to be angry and to keep being angry/frustrated for a while. 

Do you think you could speak to your brother about the situation?

@Stealth_ninja thanks, just tonight is a worry because I'm not real keen on going back home for now but I will figure it out.

I would but It isn't really something I should bring up with him at the moment though, already has so much going on. I don't want him to worry. I would call my housemate but its difficult when they really don't know the family situation.

I thought I was doing so well I don't want this to throw me off!

@j95 Could you stay with the people you stayed with last night? 

You are doing well j, anyone in your situation would be angry/scared/upset. Keep checking in with yourself and de-briefing. You have done so well so far considering everything. It will take time to process and sort out but it will all happen. Just got to give yourself time.

Fair enough about your brother, could you try and explain it to your housemate or would that just be too hard/ draining? 

@Stealth_ninja well hmmm I already told them I was fine to go home and then I left and realized I'm not really... I'll find somewhere though!

It's way too messed up/complicated to explain. I can try but I sort of feel like it might end up with me getting frustrated because it's just so difficult for an outsider to understand. It's different here, I can explain stuff here but talking to my housemate is different and much harder

@j95 Yeah it's hard to know when you leave i guess but its good that you've recognised that you're not ready to go back now.

Yeah i guess it comes back to the other conversation we were having on here at the special discussions about how it's hard to let people in/be vulnerable. It's okay if don't feel comfortable telling them but if you're ever stuck and you do need to tell them -don't feel that you need to tell them everything. Just letting someone know what you need is often enough. You are in no way obliged to give the entire story. That said I can also understand the frustration/why you'd be hesitant to say anything. 

If you feel like you need to chat more there's always 1800 RESPECT! Oh and here of course Smiley Happy

@Stealth_ninja I think my biggest fear about going back home is that something might happen again because I don't know where she is and stuff, that's what worries me.

I'll have a think about who to chat to and see how I go. I'll be fine, 1800 Respect is pretty good I've spoken to them a number of times before.