cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fighting

I don't know what I'm going through, I'm 18 and in my last year of school, I'm not someone's who gets stressed a lot but I get very emotional, sometimes for the littlest of things. I find my self crying out of the blue and sometimes when it's hits me I hard, I self harm, I like seeing marks on my body, makes me alive. I tend to overthink things too, I used to be confident and fun but now I'm lethargic and I just can't wait for the day to be over so I can crawl into bed and let the darkness cover me. I'm very distant from my parents, I don't talk to them the same way I used to and I feel like they've given up on me, which I hate because I feel Lonley, and than I'm stuck with my own thoughts, which is not good. I just want peace and to be happy again.

Re: fighting

Hi @Monica1997 - welcome to ReachOut. I'm really glad that you found a place to talk about what's going on and how you are feeling at the moment. The stress of Year 12 can affect people in different ways, but it sounds like you suspect this is something a bit more intense than the regular pressure of school. Have you spoken to anyone about the self harm or the feelings of darkness - a parent, a friend, a teacher, a counsellor at Lifeline? I know how intimidating that conversation can be, but the people who love you can help you when you're struggling - whether that means going to visit a GP with you, or just listening over a cuppa.

Also we launched this really cool new page today called The Toolbox, which has a little quiz that can help point you in the right direction for helpful apps and tools and services. Do you feel up to giving it a go?

Highlighted

Hey @Monica1997, Welcome to Reach Out! It sounds like you're going through a really rough time at the moment and the fact that it sounds like you're trying to go through it on your own can make things seem even rougher ): I just want to second @ElleBelle's idea of reaching out to someone in your life whether it's a teacher, parent, friend, school counsellor or a professional service like Lifeline (totally not as scary as it sounds, promise!). If you're not quite ready for that yet, remember that everyone at Reach Out is here for you!

Hope you're having a bit of a better week this week and good luck with your HSC!  

Hi @Monica1997.

I just wanted to touch base and see how you have been going over the past month?

It sounds like you have been experiencing a lot of overwhelming emotions. How have they been?

Year 12 is a very full on year. How have you gone with exam period? Are you close to being finished?

Being able to go back to feeling like yourself is really important. Everyone here on the RO forums are happy to listen and help support you through the process of finding help and strategies.

We would love to hear how you are going, if you want to share.
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||