cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

finding clarity!

lately I find myself stuck in a strange feeling. it's like my brain gets turned on a staticky tv channel, and I have trouble getting my thoughts straight. if I try to think about something (like say solve a problem (or write this post)) I have a lot of trouble focusing, and often end up thinking the same sentence or phrase over and over. it's similar to the feeling of zoning out. I really don't like it, it makes me feel bored and empty, and really frustrated at the same time!! also, i'm a bit worried about it!

I was wondering if anyone else knows this feeling or what to do about it - I've heard that maybe it is 'brain fog'?

Highlighted

Re: finding clarity!

Hey @lemurien, I hear you're having a lot of trouble focusing? This is a very common thing, I've definitely experienced it! It might be a good idea to bring it up with a health professional, because there could be a number of causes! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hi @lemurien!
That does sound like a strange feeling. I'm sorry that it's making you feel bad. Smiley Sad I would feel frustrated too if I were going through that.
What do you think about recording the times that it happens and what you were doing at the time in a diary? Do you think that will help you give you more insight into the feeling?

Highlighted

Hello @lemurien thanks for sharing with us! I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some strange feelings lately. From what you have explained, it sounds like a really difficult thing to experience! @lost_Space_Explorer5 has provided some really great advice that I will echo. Issues with concentration can be influenced by many different factors, both physical and psychological, so it is a really good idea to bring this up with your local GP. It's a shame to hear that the "zoning out" makes you feel bored and empty. Have you been able to find a way to help yourself refocus and feel better after you "zone out"?
Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 it's good to hear someone else knows what i'm talking about! Is there anything that helps you when you feel like that?

@WheresMySquishy thank you for the good advice, maybe I can have a go at journalling it Smiley Happy

@Sophia-RO it's interesting, I said it makes me feel bored and empty, but maybe feeling bored and empty is what gives me the feeling in the first place. It's always a bit chicken-and-egg with this kind of stuff. I found that knitting helped a bit!

Highlighted

Heya @lemurien, I can relate to zoning out as well. Not meaning to be repetitive but I also agree with everyone else. It can be hard to pinpoint why this is occurring and therefore talking to a GP can be really valuable. I know for me, if I am tired then I will absolutely zone out throughout the day. Have you ever tried mindfulness? We have some ReachOut articles here that talk about mindfulness in different capacities. It might help you stay present and reduce the amount that you zone out. 

Highlighted

@lemurien I find weirdly that paying less attention to the feeling makes it less noticeable? It's strange