cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: haven't been in this place for a bit

@j95 it is interpreted as "deep listening" in English. It is an Aboriginal way of living where it is helpful to kind of gather your energy and be still in nature... For example, I have used it when I was representing sport at an elite level, trying to do well at school and maintain all my friendships whilst trying to keep my crap together. It became soooooo overwhelming.. I would go to the beach or into the mountains - whatever I felt like on the day and I would literally just walk and think... and be still.... Appreciate all that was before me and I'd reflect on how I can make myself better. I'd listen to the waves crashing, listen to the birds or the cicadas.. It's just so peaceful, you know? Connected. It helps to stop thinking and just be. If I was at the beach I found the sand between my toes just grounded me. Did I explain this okay?
Maybe when your hand gets better you can lay on your board in the ocean and float. I can't surf but I'll imagine it feels refreshing haha.

@Motty91 you should totally make a thread about this. It sounds really awesome, I think I need it too.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@redhead Oh wow! You think?! It makes me happy to hear that you feel you'd find Dadirri helpful too Smiley Happy It's just so satisfying, you know? Helps to center myself when I feel like a whirlwind.

That sounds really cool thanks for sharing @Motty91 that also reminds me that we need to make that naidoc stuff happening, which I will do soon
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

For sure Smiley Happy Just lemme know when and what and I'll endeavour to get as much relevant info to work with you Smiley Very Happy

Feel so crap

@j95 wanna head to games to try shifting the mood.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

sucks about khl @j95

Hope you're feeling a bit better today! Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

I'm not @letitgo Smiley Sad