cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: having trouble identifying an addiction

thanks for the support guys. i may not reply for a while but ill try to give an update every week or so.

Re: having trouble identifying an addiction (TW)

hey guys. i just wanted to give an update.

things have been going really well. i recently got accepted for both the army and my art degree, this has given me so much to work towards and keep busy with that i've had no feelings of relapsing.

i wanted to thank everyone heaps your help got me to this point and i cant wait to see how things go in the coming months.

@LimaLima thanks for the update! It's always wonderful to see how others are progressing Heart

Congrats on being accepted into both the army and your degree! That's so exciting Smiley Very Happy I'm glad that having structure and goals to work towards has been beneficial for you Smiley Happy

I’m sorry for everything you’ve gone through. And I’m really impressed that you are reaching out because that’s a good sign that your use of psychs is still within your control. Bottom line, I would say that if the use of something is changing your behaviour for the negative, it has probably become an addiction. As you said, last time it happened and your threw away job and girlfriend, it made you realise that it was an addiction. Well done for keeping us posted and for getting into the army and your art degree. It sounds like you are on a good track and to me the most important thing is that you’re self-aware of what’s going on, you’re assessing yourself and your use of psychs and I think this means you will keep yourself in a good place.