cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help?

ok this is really weird and im sorry. but i get emotionaly attached to objects. like i am unable to control emotional attachment at its really hard.  i could accidently run over a almost dead butterfly on my bike and im unstable for the next hour. i lose a pen i like, and i almost cry. then, i get a massive scrape and i feel no pain. i have gotten attached to a piece of bl**dly cereal. help me please. and please dont judge. 

Re: help?

Hey @ma30n,

I get a bit like that too sometimes, although it's usually from a build-up from emotions and that one thing has set it off. For example, you could be feeling very stressed, and then loosing a pen or almost running over a butterfly could just set you off. Do you think that's why this is happening?

RO is a safe place, no one will judge you here. Smiley Happy

Hey @ma30n tell me a bit more about the kinds of feelings you get when you're attached to something? Is it  actually the feeling of losing something that's scary? Or is it something else?

im not 100% sure. it just a really strong feeling of lose and attachment. its not alway regular but i im not sure if its linked to times of stress but ill check. also, if i put down my glasses on desk at school, and walk like two meter aways and already im really anxious and start to freak out and i need to check them. repeately. i cant even feel confident with my wallet in a zipped pocket in my bag that is on my shoulder. its really anoying. 

I think it's pretty cool that you are so aware and switched on about this @ma30n! I am wondering if you and your psychologist have worked out some things to do to when you're feeling worried about losing something? What sort of steps do they suggest, and do you feel like they help make a difference?

Highlighted

you guy are actully the only ones who know about this. im kinda embarrsed to tell people.... 

@ma30n well we're happy to help, are heaps supportive, and never judge! With that being said, maaayyyybe it might help to get some support from your psychologist, because they should know a bit more about what you have said is working for you and what isn't. You don't have to share that right away though, you can do it when you're ready Smiley Happy

In the mean time, have you ever tried mindfulness? A bunch of us are having a go at doing mindfulness every day over on this thread. We're all gonna do it together at 5:30 (AEST) today! If you want to have a go, you'll need to install Smiling mind on your phone. Although if you can't do that, let me know and I'll have a think about what we can do instead to help get you involved Smiley Happy

Yeah I'll definitely talk to her (my psychologist) I'd love to join with that thread, I'll install the app soon. I always love it when I get to read a response from you guys. Getting a email alert is one of the few things that makes me smile every time. I'm not entirely sure what mindfulness is but I'll give it a try

Naw thanks @ma30n we really like having you on here too! You're great!

Here's a thingy on Mindfulness if you want to get a bit of an understanding. But really it's just something you have to try a few times to get an understanding of it.

How're you feeling about the worry about losing objects at the moment?

at the moment im fine. ii havent misplaced anything recently. and it switches alot. like i could lose a pen and cry my eyes out and i could lose my phone with all my writing on it and not care at all. or the other way round. or i cry over both. or none. but which ever it is, its an extream emotion. like nooooooo the world is over or meh devil may care zero f**ks given. uhgggggg i hat emy brain