cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: i think i do need help

I know it must feel pretty hard at the moment but just remember @j95 that if you don't like who they refer you to, you have every right to request to see someone else. It's actually pretty common to see a couple of different people before you find someone you feel comfortable with. But once you do it can be awesome. 

And if you'd prefer not to go on medication then again it's your treatment so maybe let them know you'd like to try psychological therapies first. There's actually some articles from RO here, which you might find helpful?

And no worries re the typing I do this too sometimes Smiley Happy actually a lot!! lol

yeah but i have seen so many people and i finally found someone worked with them for 2 or 3 years roughly then they left @Erin-RO Smiley Sad
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

and yeah it was good and helpful at the time i just didnt like the new one

yeah its not something i tell people much but i actually am dyslexic so sometimes it takes me a little while to read messages and respond or read throughh my own messsages to check if thet are ok sometimes i get into  such a hurry to respond it makes it harder for me @Erin-RO

I'm glad you felt comfortable sharing that @j95 I hope you don't feel worried or shamed about it?It's actually pretty common and heaps of very accomplished people have dyslexia, like Richard Branson

I am about to log off for the night You've really taken some big steps tonight and I feel confident that there will be a psych or counsellor out there that you feel comfortable with again, just take it one step at a time. So heading to the GP and having a chat might be the first step for you.

thank you @Erin-RO maybe i can mention it to my mentors that im not doing so good

@j95 I've read through this and I have the biggest smile on my face. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!
It is awesome to read this Smiley Happy

Let us know how you go.
If you need/want to talk through it more, we're more than welcome to help Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart
Highlighted

Agreed with @Bee,  we are really proud of you @j95 !! Smiley Happy

I hope we're not scaring you away too much, I think you should be proud for such a big step you're taking Smiley Happy

Yeah I think I need to kind of talk out what my next step might be @Bee @honky

That is quite okay @j95 Smiley Happy

So you've previously sought help before. Was the GP who you saw someone who you liked, and could be open with?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart