cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insecure about friendships

i joined my large friend group recently, only in my last year of high school, along with 2 close friends of mine who i've been friends with since yr 7. the new group was really accepting but the divides between some of us have started showing now that we've graduated. one of the people in the group who i thought i was close with is having a bday party tonight and didnt invite me, but invited at least one of my close friends who joined this large friend group with me. i had told this close friend that i wasnt invited and was wondering why, but she didnt reply to my message after reading it so i unsent it. she's now sending photos to the groupchat of my 2 closest friends of her at this party and i just feel kinda excluded. ive certainly had experience with being bullied and purposely excluded from things, but this is the first time its happened since primary school. it feels really bad. i wish i just didnt have to deal with it. if anyone just wants to chat pls reply, i dont rlly mind i just wanted to get stuff off my chest xx

Re: insecure about friendships

Hey @ashhhhhh, I'm sorry that you are experiencing difficulties in friendship, and this is a really common issue happens in many people, particularly in girls Smiley Sad (hug). Did you ask your other friends that whether they have any ideas about this situation?

yeah im thinking of messaging my friend who held the party tomorrow saying i hope she had a good night and just politely asking if there was a reason i wasnt invited. it couldve been bc of covid restrictions for all i know, so i dont wanna blow out of proportion too soon. im also pretty glad that i have the opportunity to make new friends next yr at uni, i feel like i will be more secure in my relationships then so for the moment i think i'll start hanging out with some other people more for the moment. thanks for the concern Smiley Happy

That's very great for you to think in a positive way and trying to find a solution for that, and what you just said sounds very good, hanging out with other friends can provide you more support. Hope you all the best Smiley Very Happy

hey @ashhhhhh, I agree with @Macaria that I think trying to speak with your friend is the best you can do in trying to address the situation - it makes sense that you would be feeling hurt and excluded because of not being invited, and branching out and hanging out with some other people sounds like a good idea, too.

I hope that you can take care of yourself and remember that no matter what happens, I'm sure anyone would be really lucky to be friends with you Smiley Very Happy

Hey @ashhhhhh 

How are you today? Smiley Sad It definitely sucks feeling excluded... I think it is super mature of you though for trying to talk to her and asking for a reason without only jumping to conclusions despite feeling hurt Heart I am so proud of you Smiley Happy

How was your Christmas?