cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: my last best friend from my friend group is moving to another state and i'm needing support

@scared01 thank you, it did go well! Smiley Happy

Re: my last best friend from my friend group is moving to another state and i'm needing support

thats great @priyaaaa Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Aw, sounds like you had a good night @priyaaaa Smiley Happy It sucks that you aren't sure when you will see him again, hopefully you will get a chance to see him sooner than the 21st party! So great that you have been doing some icebreakers in class, that must make chatting with others a bit easier. What kind of classes will you be taking this year?

@Sophia-RO yeah i hope so! it does, and i'm taking english, english language, ancient history, health and human development and psychology. i really like them all so that gives me hope for this year

@priyaaaa that sucks that he lives so far away, but at least you got to hang out at the party! Did his sister accept your request yet? I hope you get to see him for the 21st, when is the party? YAY I'm so glad your first few days went well, how did last week go? I know, when you go from holidays to school, it's like you've forgotten how to do an 8 hour school day plus anything before and after school and then do homework, it's crazy, being at uni now I don't know how I did so much at school. It's sounds like you handled the social aspect of school really well, chatting to some people, participating in the icebreakers, sitting with yourself too, that's good that your classes did icebreakers so then you can get to know people better. I know it does, so happy I've been able to go on this journey with you. Also I saw in the last post the classes you're taking, they look so interesting, can I ask what the difference is between English and English language? Also I totally understand the feeling of anticipating the stress that may come with lots of work etc. I feel like I'm anticipating it for uni this year and it's not fun, but I'm trying to change my mindset and just take it as it comes and tell myself I'll be strong enough to handle it and if I can't then ask for help.

@celestialdreamer no, she hasn't :/ i hope i do too, but that's in another 3 years 😔my last week went well, i'm still sitting with that group i'm ~okay~ with and there's this girl in one of my classes that i sit with and we get along pretty well! 

i'm happy to be on this journey with you too! the difference between english and english language is that english is repeating the skills you've been doing all throughout high school (creative writing, language analysis, comparative essays, oral presentations) whereas english language is studying how we use words and the anatomy of language if that makes sense. it's almost a scientific subject, which is probably why a lot of science kids take the subject because there's not much essay writing + novel reading. 

i like how you're challenging your mindset around uni stress. you will overcome any stress you come across, and i'm rooting for you!

@priyaaaa oh nooo that's so far away!! that's so great that you and that girl get along well! I hope the group's dynamic is going well and that you feel like they're okay/right for you. That sounds amazing I love English I wish my school had both those subjects we only had the first English not the English language one, but I would have loved to take that. Thank you so much for that support, it means a lot!

@celestialdreamer yeah it is! just to give a little update: last friday a girl in my class (who happened to be part of the group of girls i like) was partnered with me so we talked and got along, and as we were walking out she asked me if i had anyone to sit with and i said no so she offered for me to sit with her and her friends so of course i did! it was really scary and i expressed that to her but it's now my third day sitting with them and i feel quite welcomed, i find it's pretty entertaining to just listen to what they're talking about and not asserting myself in the conversation too much and i'm okay with that. but it's crazy to think how easy and sudden it was. i'm so happy to say this Smiley Very Happy

@priyaaaa OMG YAYAY THAT'S SO EXCITING!!! You go girl! So happy you two got along so well and you were able to sit with her group. I hope that went well for you the rest of the week. I think it's good that you were honest with her so she knows that you're a little bit nervous and can help you out so you feel a bit more at ease. So so happy for you! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

@celestialdreamer AHHH thank u sm! yeah it's still going really well and i'm getting closer with a few of them individually, earlier this week a lot of them wanted to skip school at lunch and go to one of their houses which i feel bad for missing out on but i was scared i would get in trouble. and yeah it was really good that she understood that i was scared, and i've noticed one of them sparks up a conversation when they notice i haven't talked in a while or i'm zoning out which is really sweet!