cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: really struggling

@scared01 

making use of the nice weather seems like a brilliant idea!

And yeah, I understand, sometimes yearning to confide in those close to you can be hard, are there some things you can do to help you feel grounded and ease your mind? I find getting out of my mind can really help in situations like this, maybe you could try it?

Highlighted

Hey @scared01 sorry to hear about how tough things have been for you lately. It must be a lot managing pain constantly. How are you feeling today? 

Highlighted

thanks @Tay100 @Bre-RO
ive got lots of my washing done, scrubbed the bathroom, been to the shops and im also making cupcakes. ive only got an hour and a half left till my appointment so just keeping occupied now.
I have to ice the cupcakes soon so that should pass some time too.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Hi @scared01 ,

It's good to hear that you were able to keep busy whilst waiting for your appointment, I hope the cupcakes tasted good. 

I hope the appointment itself was productive for you and met your expectations, let us know how it went, if you feel ok doing so, or just update us more generally with how you feel if you like Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@scared01  It sounds like you're pretty busy right now! I hope the appointment went well.
I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Smiley Sad I hope your team can help manage it. Pain relief is so important. I think it is really hard having your own health problems whilst also being a carer and having to do a lot on your own, but I think you're doing a great job considering everything that's going on. I totally understand your frustration about having to talk to someone who is paid to get support. I hope that someone will come through for you eventually. When you're sick, it can sometimes lead you to evaluate your supports. Sometimes, people you never expected to step up emerge as good supports, while the people you trusted and were there for in the past can turn out to not be there when you need them. When I was recovering from my surgeries, it made me realise that I've done a lot more for my grandma who I care for and live with than she is willing to do for me, and how unsupportive some paid people were in terms of helping me with the caring, but my extended family came to stay with me and asked about me all the time. I think this kind of realisation is both good and bad.

@Tay100  I have to increase my citrate levels. The urologist thinks the nephrologist may put me on a tablet or supplement to increase them, but in the meantime he told me to eat lots of citrus fruits. I've stocked up on a bunch of lemon drinks.
I was wondering about vitamin C too! I am on another medication that has some vitamin C in it for an unrelated condition, but I've heard that some doctors advise against it for people who have calcium oxalate stones like I do. I will ask the nephrologist about it though. I think he will know more about the preventative stuff than the urologist. I get to see him next month (finally!). The good news is, the medication is one that can be easily substituted if I need to change it. I am also having a test that will show whether I still need to be on it, but I find that if I don't take it, the symptoms of the other condition come back.

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy Oh goodness, bodies are wonderously complicated even at the best of times, I can relate. What sort of lemon drinks and high Vit C fruits are you having? Hopefully, that test will come back saying you need the meds so that will help you keep the other symptoms at bay!

Highlighted

thank you @Tay100 @WheresMySquishy @Bre-RO @Jess1-RO @taylor-r @TOM-RO and everyone

it has been a huge day and the next week and half is going to be very busy filled with appointments and tests. its getting a little scarier now that a lot of the tests involve ruling out more serious ailments such as cancer, tumours, blockages etc have lots of things to do indeed so I might not be around as much. im still hoping to check into a few threads though.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Hey @scared01 , thanks for keeping us posted on how you're going. It sounds like a really full on week and a half coming up for you - we will all be thinking of you, let us know how it all goes. Im' sure that it feels pretty daunting having to do all of those tests, but it's good to hear that they're been really thorough in getting to the bottom of what's happening for you Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

@scared01  That sounds so full on. Smiley Sad It can be so hard having a lot of appointments at once whilst juggling all of the work that you have to do. I really hope that serious problems can be ruled out and that everything turns out okay. I totally understand you not being around as much.
I had another 'review' test yesterday. The results haven't come back yet but I don't think anything will be wrong. I have to take a family member with me when I have this test because something usually goes wrong and sometimes I become unwell afterwards, but this time we went to a different testing place and they listened to the problems we described with the other places and used a different method that didn't result in these issues. We were so happy! We will go to them from now on.

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy ahh that's great to hear, I'm so glad you were able to go to a place that listens to you and makes you feel validated!

@scared01 I hope that those tests go well for you- we'll be here ready to listen with any updates you'd like to give us, and we look forward to seeing you on different threads- but of course, self-care as much you need and take as long of a break as you like Smiley Happy