cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

super duper stressed about my year 11 exams! please help!

Hey everyone!

I have a bit of a situation where I could use some advice,

I have year 11 exams in a months time, which are freaking me out a lot!

My parents are going on holiday for 5 weeks right over (and before) my exams which is making this a whole lot harder than it should be. They have never done this before so I am pretty nervous. 

My VERY elderly grandparents are 'looking after' me and my two younger siblings but I believe I will end up cooking and cleaning as well as helping my younger siblings get to and from places (no one can drive meaning we have to take public transport everywhere) and with my siblings having before and after school activities everyday it leaves me almost no time to study. 

I know I should have been more prepared for this but I totally underestimated how hard this is going to be. 

I also have no way getting to and from the library before and after school.

To be quite honest I work really hard for my marks and like to do well at school but that is usually with the help of my parents - they cook, clean and help me study when I struggle. They usually go through my exam notes with me and my dad helps me with nearly all maths (I am useless at maths) and my economics. I honestly don't know how I'll survive without them.

I am so hysterical and have no idea how I am going to do well in these exams - I don't even have a chance at passing. I get super stressed by exams anyway (I am super stressed about doing well) and this really won't help me. 

I'm super upset and can't sleep at night - I just don't know what to do. 

My parents keep saying I'll be fine I just need to prepare now but it's so hard, I didn't start my preparation early enough and for some subjects we haven't learnt the stuff in the exam. I also have assignments at the moment due before my exams and I'm just super stressed.

Please please help me!

Sorry for rambling ahah! Stress makes me crazy

- Liv 

Highlighted

Re: super duper stressed about my year 11 exams! please help!

@liv16 I hear how stressed you are about these exams next month.
Can you make a stusy timetable to use the most of the time you have with your parents before they go on holiday?

I wonder if your grandparents are able to help get your siblings where they need to be to take some stress off you?

I know its a stressful time and you're worried abput having enough time for study, but are you able to do something nice for yourself each day/night? It doesn't have to be huge something simple as a hot bubble bath or something you enjoy 🙂

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Hey @liv16 welcome to ReachOut! Sounds like a really difficult time for you - exam stress is so tough Smiley Sad

I can tell that you are really committed to your studies and really want to do well. Do you have any teachers you would feel comfortable having a chat to about how you've been feeling?
Highlighted

Thank you so much. This really really helped me!
Highlighted

My Mum reached out to my school and they are being super supportive. Thank you!!!! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

That is great news @liv16 I'm glad to hear the responses helped and that your mum reached out to the school and they are being very supportive <3

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

I know its a stressful time and you're worried about having enough time for study, but are you able to do something nice for yourself each day. Exams are not so hard as you thing, when I was studying I thought that it is the worst part of my life, but it’s not. Exam is just a verification of your knowledge. Despite college exams I also passed Cisco certification. This was even harder because of a lot of tests and literature to learn, but I’m very grateful and pleased for passing it. This certification helped me to find a very well paid job after graduation. I’ve passed it here cciedump.spoto.net , because such nice service this exam became so simple and with no stress. Good luck with your exams, hope you’ll not have problems with it.